The Dupps Company - Applications/Layout Engineer
Location:   Germantown OH
Salary:   $65,000 - $85,000
- Do you want to advance your skill set while working for a family-owned business that values their employees?
- Are you a recent graduate, or do you have experience in the industry? Are you looking to apply your new education or experience with a growing company?
- Are you willing to travel (up to 50%) as a key member of the team while having significant customer interaction and utilizing your technical expertise?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Dupps company is an 88-year-old family-owned manufacturing company based in SW Ohio (Dayton/Cincinnati area). They have experienced impressive growth over the past couple of years both organically and through acquisition. They are a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality capital equipment and systems. Our client is proud of their strong family culture and tenure of employment. They are considered an employer of choice because of their support of employees through their entire life including career, health, and well-being.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
- The Applications/Layout Engineer will work closely with the sales and engineering teams to assist in project management from pre-sales to commissioning.
- Act as expert consultant to guide customers in planning and implementing technical solutions. Will work with 3D plans and FARO scanning software
- Collaborate on full delivery of equipment layouts on $500K to $20M projects
- Assisting in customer site coordination with sales and project management for layout, planning, installation, and commissioning of capital equipment and/or process lines in both existing installations and greenfield projects
- Create layouts through several iterations with customers both remotely and on-site.
- Work with the team consisting of Dupps and customer’s subcontractors during construction and at the conclusion of project to finalize installation drawings
- Aid in quality assurance and customer approval
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with AutoCad and 3D Inventor a must
- Technical Bachelors/Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Desire to be customer-facing
- Proven ability to develop relationships with all levels of an organization
- Be comfortable on the plant floor and in a conference room presenting information
- Proven success at multi-tasking with projects at different stages (10-20 at a time)
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Close attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple deadlines with ease
- Collaborative and team-oriented
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual that wants to be challenged and have exposure to many facets of a company. The career path for this individual inside Dupps could go in several directions – Sales, Engineering, Construction – depending on the individuals desire and strengths.