The Dupps Company - Project Manager
Location:   Germantown OH
Salary:   $80,000-$100,000 + Bonus
- Do you want to advance your skill set while working for a business that values and competitively compensates their employees?
- Are you looking to apply your experience with a growing company?
- Would you appreciate being mentored and coached by a collaborative senior engineering/sales team?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, The Dupps Company is a growing and well-respected, 88-year-old, fifth generation, family-owned business. Dupps has been the worldwide leader in providing high-quality rendering equipment and service to the animal byproducts and protein recycling industry. Today, they’re expanding their role — applying their capabilities and experience to include process systems and service to industries that are key to the sustainability of our environment and our world.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
Under broad direction from the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will:
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales Department, including creating flow sheets, reviewing equipment specs, reviewing quotes, providing technical input on layout engineering, and working directly with the customer.
- Schedule and conduct meetings, including the quotation review, project kickoff, and engineering design review.
- Provide technical assistance to Purchasing, including technical specs for quoting process, working directly with vendors, and reviewing supplier quotations.
- Deliver engineering input to the design team, generate a system control strategy, and give technical support to construction team during installation phase, as well as the field service group during the startup phase.
- Participate in project cost analysis and produce technical input on new equipment design as needed.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Mechanical Aptitude / Skilled Trades Experience – Development of CAD drawings, use Project Management tools, illustrate an in-depth understanding of general project management processes. General understanding of best practices for millwright, welding, pipefitting, etc. Ability to read drawings and blueprints, demonstration of good computer skills.
- Combination of education (Associates or bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Architecture, etc.) and/or work experience with 5+ years demonstrated success in a similar capacity in the rendering industry is preferred. Other relevant heavy industry experience in the paper, oilfield, chemical & industrial construction industries will also be considered.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Baseline Success Factors – Customer focus, initiative, communication, judgment, business acumen and results orientation
- Additional Success Factors – Attention to detail, time management, interpersonal astuteness, managing internal and external relationships, adaptability
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a successful organization that is extremely reputable in the industry. This role will allow the right person to learn under an experienced Project Manager while developing strong relationships with both the internal stakeholders and the external customers.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
Preferred location is Germantown, OH however the organization will be willing to have someone stationed in their Ankeny, IA plant.