E&I Engineer - Mobile, AL
Location:   Mobile, AL
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
This position requires a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and experience in the chemicals and/or pulp & paper industries dealing with electrical and instrumentation and equipment specification. This position requires maintenance of communications with project engineering to ensure all project activities fulfill requirements and incorporate up-to-date equipment as well as the most recent process improvements.
- Ensure the recommended scope of work meets the project objectives and design requirements. Review other alternatives to the submitted scope of work with the objective of accomplishing the desired outcome with a lower expenditure.
- Ensure the cost estimate and design requirements are well defined and agreed to by production and plant engineering prior to submittal for capital funding.
- Estimate the cost of the proposed project, author and/or compile the necessary documentation to obtain project approval in accordance with corporate approval policy.
- Oversee the design of projects to ensure sound engineering practices are followed. Ensure that all Site standards and guidelines are followed as well as governmental requirements (OSHA, NIASH, etc)
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the project team during the execution of the overall project plan and schedule. Monitor compliance.
- Review all documents (including process design calculations and equipment specifications) generated by the project team, customers, and suppliers to assure technical accuracy and commercial accountability.
- Maintain communications with production and plant engineering to ensure all project activities fulfill requirements and incorporate up-to-date equipment as well as the most recent process improvements.
- Work with other service groups, such as purchasing and accounting, to ensure purchases and contracts are handled expeditiously and properly committed.
- Coordinate, plan, and monitor the construction phase of the project. Maintain good communications with construction, production, and plant engineering to ensure the project meets all of the requirements. Monitor schedule and scope compliance.
- Coordinate the effort to bring the records of a project to an as-built condition.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of experience in heavy industrial design, specifically the chemical and pulp & paper markets dealing with electrical and instrumentation and equipment specification.
- The incumbent should be thoroughly knowledgeable in the application of all National Codes and government regulations in a process unit.
- The position requires excellent organizational skills and a systematic approach to problem definition and solution. The ability to work on and coordinate many tasks at the same time is a must. Planning and cost control are required of this position. The incumbent must have good communication skills, both written and oral.
- The incumbent will work with little supervision and direction.