Vice President of Social Enterprise
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you have a desire to leverage your operations and strategic business expertise for greater community impact?
- Does the challenge of doubling revenue and net income motivate you?
- Do you bring energy, creativity, and problem-solving skills to your work every day?
- Do you embrace diversity and thrive in a culturally competent organization where hard work, inclusion and fun co-exist?
Easterseals’ heritage includes more than a century of service and expertise in creating opportunities for people with disabilities and disadvantages to fully realize their potential. Every year, nearly 7,000 people living with disabilities, economic disadvantages, and veterans turn to Easterseals and a team of over 200 professionals for their breakthrough moment. Individuals served include:
- People with disabilities who have a desire to increase their independence through employment
- People who are chronically unemployed or underemployed, including people moving from public assistance to work
- At-risk youth and young people with disabilities in need of a support network to achieve academic and work goals
- Adults with disabilities who want to enjoy recreational activities and maintain social relationships
- Veterans who are transitioning from military service civilian life
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Easterseals serving Greater Cincinnati is seeking a visionary leader to oversee its social enterprise portfolio. The role will afford an entrepreneurially minded and mission-driven individual the opportunity to lead two small businesses whose net income fuels the sustainability of Easterseals and its mission to build a more diverse and inclusive workforce and community.
An Easterseals’ board member put the challenge of the position best: we take people who can’t get and keep a job, employ them in our businesses while they learn hard and soft skills, then when they become fully productive, we help them out the door so we can train more people. It’s a business model that requires a special kind of leader, one with a demonstrated ability to get a lot done without a lot of resources.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Social Enterprise will be the general manager responsible for leading strategy, business development, marketing and communications, financial budgeting and team building for Building Value LLC and Easterseals Kitting and Logistics. The VP will work closely with Easterseals’ CEO on defining organizational strategy, priorities, and goals.
Strategy & Business Development
- Develop overarching vision, strategy, and operational plan for social enterprise
• Establish organizational framework and business processes to increase efficiency and profitability
• Identify profitable opportunities for customer diversification
• Craft tailored pitches for key prospects highlighting how Easterseals can help achieve their goals and create goodwill with their customer base
• Identify opportunities to launch new businesses and/or service lines; develop business cases for the CEO and board
Marketing & Communications
• Ensure the organization and its mission, vision and partners are communicated effectively and consistently
• Partner with Easterseals’ development and marketing team to guide communication planning and media execution to grow awareness and expand impact.
• Seek out collaboration opportunities with likeminded brands and ways to creatively leverage social channels and relevant networks to increase awareness of Easterseals’ mission
Operations & Finance
• Build organizational capacity and lead day-to-day management of the operations
• Identify operational efficiencies that drive quality improvement and profitability
• Lead budget planning and forecasting, ensuring stability and growth
• Ensure regulatory compliance for all operations
People & Organizational Management
• Develop staffing models that balance efficiency and workforce development mission
• Lead recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and performance evaluation of team
CEO & Leadership Collaboration
• Work closely with CEO and senior leadership team to ensure execution of agency vision and long-term strategy
• Provide timely information, including updates on KPIs and business development
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Easterseals.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years relevant work experience in private sector and/or public/non-profit sector
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced management course work preferred
- Passion for equity, inclusion and environmental sustainability is essential, with demonstrated ability to transform such passion into action
- Entrepreneurial leader with exceptional interpersonal skills and a collaborative, engaging and motivational style
- Successful track record in strategy, business development, fundraising, operational team oversight and financial management
- Strong communication, listening, persuasion and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to take initiative and actively work to deepen existing relationships and forge new ones
- Must be well-organized, focused and have a goal-oriented work style
- A high level of integrity, professionalism, creativity, and compassion is required
- Make a meaningful difference in people’s lives every day
- Join an experienced, passionate leadership team and staff
- Drive the growth and success of business enterprises that fuel the agency’s work
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders at the Board level and throughout the community