Location:   Savannah, GA
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati with additional offices throughout the Southeast. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
The Electrical Engineer will work on industrial projects including design of power distribution, lighting, and grounding systems. Projects range from small facility modifications to complex EPC contracts for heavy industrial processes in any one or more of the pulp and paper, chemicals, food and beverage, consumer products, or pharmaceutical industries. Some travel to project and construction sites will be required.
- Design power system facilities and equipment and coordinate construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power generating, receiving, and distribution stations,, and distribution systems and equipment
- Participate in the planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of electrical engineering projects
- Directs preparation of or prepares drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used, in construction and equipment installation
- Inspects completed installations for conformance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards
- Work products will include: one-line diagrams, wiring drawings, panel layout drawings, motor schematics, instrument loop sheets, conduit and tray routing drawings and contractor scope documents
- Work with systems and equipment grounding requirements (high resistance, building and isolated grounding)
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- While this person could be an Electrical Engineer, an experienced Electrical Designer would also be a fit if capable of handling the full scope of a related client project.
- 5+ years of experience with design/installation of medium and low-voltage distribution equipment, with experience in consulting engineering and construction industry
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards (NEC, ANSI, NEMA, NFPA)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to handle onsite plant projects with minimal supervision
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and operate within budgets and work directly with client engineers and maintenance teams.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and team leadership skills
- Capability with CAD systems including AutoCAD; Revit would be a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.