Executive Director - Allied Construction Industries
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you have the vision and leadership of a CEO to lead a nonprofit organization in Cincinnati?
- Do you have an interest in or a passion for the construction industry?
- Do you enjoy being the face of an organization with current and prospective members, the media, and elected officials?
- Can you lead the staff and Board to create a vision for growth over the next 3-5 years?
About ACI: Established in 1929, Allied Construction Industries (ACI) is a not-for-profit trade association comprised of approximately 500 member companies who employ more than 18,000 individuals throughout Greater Cincinnati. Through a professional staff of 13, ACI provides members with resources around project leads, education/training, workforce development, and safety. Members also enjoy discounts on a variety of services as well as a robust calendar of networking opportunities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful operation of the organization to ensure that ACI members become stronger construction-related companies. Leading a team of twelve and reporting to the President and sixteen-member Board, the Executive Director will focus on the following key areas:
- Build and develop a collaborative management team, providing opportunity for professional development and career growth
- Establish key performance measurements, provide the necessary resources, and create accountability for results
- In collaboration with the Board, refresh the current strategic plan to enable the organization to provide exceptional value to its Members while achieving membership and financial objectives
- Serve as the face of the organization to the media, community leaders, industry groups, partner organizations, elected officials, and other key stakeholders to generate interest in the organization’s mission, programs, and services
- Establish a positive relationship with the ACI Board, leveraging the expertise and networks of the members to enhance the effectiveness of the organization
- Serve as a liaison for Cincinnati Associated General Contractors to ensure its members’ interests are represented through contract negotiation, programming and awareness of legislative issues that impact the construction industry
- Ensure the proper governance of the association through effective budgeting and reporting on strategic and operational objectives
- Build relationships with the association’s Members through participation in speaking engagements, roundtables, programs, and special events (in-person and virtual)
- Leverage technology to enhance the member experience and access to the latest information on construction opportunities
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5 years of senior leadership experience with full P&L responsibility for a multi-million-dollar budget.
- Experience engaging with a Board and leading a strategic planning process.
- Robust network of professionals in Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati.
- Experience leading advocacy efforts with community leaders and elected officials.
- Team leadership, including providing development and professional growth opportunities for all staff.
- Solid financial acumen.
- Track record of promoting diversity and inclusion in hiring, in Board development, and in community outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, construction, or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group settings.
- Familiarity with workforce development strategies and programs a plus.
- Experience growing a membership-driven organization a plus.
- Understanding of best practices in training and education programs a plus.
- Dynamic presence
- High energy
- Steady during a crisis
- Collaborative, but decisive
- Embraces diversity
- Strong networker
- Be the voice for a key industry in the region and help build the city!
- Work with a passionate and talented staff
- Collaborate with an engaged and connected Board
- Mold and create the next iteration of ACI