Vice President Data and Analytics
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience + significant bonus + full benefits
Created in the 1930s,our client is a mission focused, financial institution based in downtown Cincinnati. With about 240 employees, it is a dynamic organization with a small-company atmosphere; managing billions in assets while giving back to the community. They are one of 12 entities within a network located throughout the US.
Our client is taking a more proactive approach on how it gathers, define, stores, reports and presents enterprise data. As such, they are building out a new Data and Analytics team and seek a leader for this group.
The Vice President, Data and Analytics defines, implements and oversees the enterprise data and analytics program. The VP, Data and Analytics will lead the planning, evaluating, and selecting the right data and analytics capabilities for the enterprise and help staff to have the right D&A skills, processes, and technologies. The VP, Data and Analytics serves as an advisor to the leadership team to develop and deliver enterprise-wide solutions for complex data challenges, including developing and applying algorithmic models to derive insights, improve decision making, and automate processes. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide his/her development team on issues related to the design and development of the data and analytics architecture and analytics.
This is a senior leadership role within the organization reporting directly to the EVP, Chief Operating Officer.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines D&A data strategy practices, leads the creation, and assures the ongoing relevance of the D&A strategy in collaboration with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Drives the development and deployment of the D&A strategy through the translation of business goals into D&A goals.
- Responsible and accountable for empowering internal shareholders and groups to leverage the value of enterprise information assets, and of the analytics used to render insights for decision making. Be the leader of data-driven insights that help support the implementation of strategic and tactical business opportunities. Creates value by unlocking and sharing data and information in ways which will spur innovation.
- Responsible for data strategy, data governance, and technical guidance to promote data access, quality, and analytical capabilities. Strives to reduce the cost of managing data and increase the value of the data.
- Identifies, implements, and optimizes technology tools and solutions to meet the needs of the Data and Analytics group.
- Collaborates with business and technology leaders to identify areas of needs for future data and analytics capabilities. Expand the organization’s data and analytics offerings, especially in emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies, focusing them on digital business innovation. Constantly improve the organization’s capacity to develop insights with advanced analytics.
- Represents the D&A team and enterprise data stewards at leadership meetings and conferences. Develops and gives presentations on the power and value of data. Serves on steering committees and helps leadership use its data effectively at these meetings.
- Recruit, lead, manage, mentor and develop the data and analytics team in support of business operations. Build succession plans and staffing plans for future sustainability and growth.
- Track, report and ensure that department projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve issues.
- Establishes and maintains key partnerships with external partners and vendors who provide technology or services to the department. Maintains positive, effective relationships with key Staff, especially Senior Staff and department leaders; and, with key external constituencies, such as regulatory organizations.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Analytics, Computer Science or related fields. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of responsible relevant experience in data and analytics and/or leadership including creating partnerships, implementing data governance, and understanding the underlying technologies needed to enable data analytics.
- Demonstrated experience with developing data strategy, policies, and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet or exceed expectations, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Able to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. Able to translate among the languages used by executive, business, IT and all other stakeholders.
- Broad experience desired in multiple competency areas of data and analytics delivery. Examples are data warehousing, business intelligence (BI), data governance, data architecture, data integration, data classification, data strategy, data quality management, data security and privacy, MDM, data standards, regulatory compliance and enterprise architecture frameworks.
- Expert skills in communication/storytelling, teamwork/collaboration, the ability to be influential at different organizational and management levels.
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Demonstrated leadership with proven track record of leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent listening and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.