Financial Risk Officer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Created in the 1930s, our client is a mission focused, financial institution based in downtown Cincinnati. With about 200 employees, it is a dynamic organization with a small-company atmosphere; managing billions in assets while giving back to the community.
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Risk Officer, the Financial Risk Officer will lead projects and processes and provide an advanced level of financial, market, and credit risk analyses and assessments in support of the bank’s risk enterprise risk management program. They will lead and fully participate in the use, development, and maintenance of various market risk, credit risk, and earnings simulation models. This Officer will work with various business units across the organization including senior management and the board of directors.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates, researches, creates, develops, interprets, applies, implements, directs, and presents complex financial and market risk analyses and projects concerning all facets of financial and market risk assessment and measurement, including earnings projections, market risk, capital, and aspects of credit risk.
- Fully utilizes and leads other staff utilizing various market risk models, credit risk models, earnings simulations models, mortgage prepayment models, and instrument valuations. Leads in the production and guides the development of projects.
- Participates in hiring, training, leading, managing and mentoring financial analysts. Consults with senior management on complex or sensitive employee issues. Maintains and promotes positive employee relations.
- Initiates, evaluates, develops, implements and maintains new or enhanced processes, models, and systems.
- Participates in fulfilling compliance with Sarbanes Oxley legislation, data management, end user computing requirements, procedures, documentation, and controls.
- Actively leads efforts to develop, build consensus, apply and maintain the enterprise risk management function and program, especially related to market risk, capital, and aspects of credit risk.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in business or economics with coursework in accounting, finance, and economics preferred
- Knowledge at a level normally acquired through the completion of a Master’s Degree in business administration, finance, economics, or financial engineering or equivalent work experience with financial, statistical and market risk models.
- Seven years of extensive experience with financial theory, financial mathematics and financial and risk modeling systems and practices related to earning, market risk, asset/liability management, mortgage securities and derivatives preferably in the financial service industry in progressively responsible positions.
- Ability to interact with senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Prior management experience is strongly preferred – at a minimum the desire to manage others.
- Experience with at least one of the following risk models: Polypaths, QRM, Black Knight, or ADCO
- Advanced modeling skills utilizing Excel. Strong working knowledge of database management concepts and tools.
- Advanced analytical skills necessary to research, create, develop, interpret, apply, implement, and present a variety of complex financial reports and analyses.
- High degree of initiative and independence to produce effective and timely work, including development of the position’s responsibilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.