Location:   Columbus, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are Accounting processes and systems exciting to you?
- Do you enjoy working in a corporate environment with opportunity for growth?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
GBQ has been a top performing tax, accounting, and consulting firm for more than 69 years. They are driven by the outcomes of changing the lives with and for whom they work. GBQ believes in empowering the growth of employees, communities, and their clients’ businesses. This purpose is at the core of everything they do.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
- Apply all receipts via check, QuickFee payment portal and online ACHs to client accounts, daily. Deposit checks via a Remote Capture Deposit feature and document all payment information in internal files. Research and resolve payment discrepancies that exist including overpayments and unallocated payments
- Monitor accounts payable email inbox and invoice approval process. Code and enter vendor invoices received and approved, with the ability to accurately designate department and office dimensions. Perform a bi-weekly check run and export Excel positive pay files to a bank portal. Communicate with vendors, as necessary, resolving any outstanding items. Communicate with internal associates, as necessary, to obtain appropriate supporting documentation for payables
- Gather and organize supporting documentation for company credit card purchases and organize information for entry into the GL software
- Execute client requests for completion of W9’s and send W9 requests to vendors in preparation for year-end 1099 processing
- Prepare year-end vendor reports for 1099 processing, research, and review vendor information for accuracy
- Perform month-end reconciliations to assist with financial close
- Maintain electronic files for accounts payable, client retention and other miscellaneous items
- Assist with maintenance of staff and client records in practice management software.
- Support internal associates as needed
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of NAV Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Able to understand multiple entity structures
- Working understanding of processing cash receipts and properly code and enter invoices into AP software
- Demonstrates comprehension of relevant accounting knowledge, technology concepts and other methodologies
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional demeanor and work with people at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work individually or in a team environment and address conflict with peers and superiors
- Work with a leading regional Public Accounting Firm that is continuing to grow
- Report directly to the Senior Manager, Finance who will provide guidance on the role
- Hold responsibility for the Accounts Payable inbox and invoice approval process
GBQ aims to empower people to grow to their full potential, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability, or any other indication of diversity. GBQ also believes that diversity itself is powerful. By embracing our differences, we are pushed to grow, understand—and respect—one another. Because of this, GBQ will always remain committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity is valued and celebrated. It’s for this very reason GBQ created our Diversity and Inclusion Initiative, with a dedicated team striving toward their mission.
This opportunity is based in GBQ’s Columbus office and has a Hybrid work environment.