Office & Operations Manager - Goering Center
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
Established in 1989, the Goering Center serves more than 400 member companies, making it North America’s largest university-based educational non-profit center for family and private businesses. The Center’s mission is to nurture and educate family and private businesses to drive a vibrant economy and promote the effective continuity of those businesses. Affiliation with the Carl H. Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati provides access to a vast resource of business programming and expertise. Goering Center members receive real-world insights that enlighten, strengthen and prolong family and private business success.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The person will be accountable for the smooth operation of the Center by overseeing critical member and employee functions, such as member and employee onboarding and offboarding, Accounts Payable and Receivable, and serves as the liason with University offices, including HR and IT. Champions a positive member experience at all touchpoints, including events, registration, joining and leaving the Goering Center, and renewing membership. The incumbent will also serve as the subject matter expert on the Center’s operating system/CRM (FunnelMaker). Please note that the needs of this position are such that this person will need to work from the office full time with some exceptions when needed.
- The successful candidate will organize and coordinate administrative duties and office procedures. This role is responsible for creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
- Serves as Event Manager, administering the Center’s master calendar of events and meetings (~50 events/year); supports the event registration process as guided by the Program Director
- Coordinates program/institute prep meetings with volunteers
- Coordinates program/institute logistics – catering/AV/venue, etc.
- Documents Center’s reports with event registration data for go/no-go decisions; contacts participants when needed
- Tabulates program evaluations and maintains Program reports
- Coordinates human resources files and responsibilities
- Leads the onboarding process for new hires with the new hire’s supervisor
- Organizes and purchases supplies and equipment
- Serves as the point person for Maintenance, Mailing, Supplies, Equipment, etc. Liaison to facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, AV and security services
- Organizes and documents Center operations and procedures by partnering with the President and other functional heads to update and maintain office policies
- Coordinates with the University IT department on all office equipment purchases and maintenance requests
- AR/AP – works with Accounting to ensure that invoices are paid, and deposits are made, in a timely manner
- Provides general support to visitors
- Plans in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, volunteer outings
- Provides administrative onboarding of new members, facilitates the MAP assessment and processes annual renewals and offboarding
- Secondary responsibility for the proper operation, accuracy and ongoing enhancement of FunnelMaker; secondary point of contact with third party FunnelMaker consultants; trains others to use FunnelMaker properly
- Produces monthly reports as required; responsible for the accuracy of those reports and for correcting data leading to production of inaccurate reports
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- College degree or equivalent life experience; additional qualification as an Event Manager or Executive Assistant will be a plus
- Must be a self-starter able to produce accurate work and possess a high degree of office systems organization
- Must be a team player in a small office environment
- Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and has a courteous demeanor
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager, Hospitality Manager or Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, in particular)
- Familiarity with CRM systems; FunnelMaker a plus but not required
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
ATTRIBUTES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Adaptability: Projects a high degree of professionalism and a sense of calm in all levels of interaction. Is able to plan, prioritize, organize, and follow up several tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment. Flexible - can adjust to sudden changes in priorities and the work environment.
- Organization: Can balance conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines. Allocates time appropriately, keeps a clean and organized office, and maintains control over their physical environment.
- Communication Skills: Understands that the most important aspect of communication is the act of listening and actively works to improve those skills. Speaks with confidence using clear, concise sentences and is easily understood. Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors. Uses high quality, professional oral and written skills in all external communications to project a positive image of the business.
- Member Service: Interacts professionally with members and associates at all times.
- Team Player: Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Computer/Technical Skills: Displays proficiency using standard office equipment such as a computer, fax, photocopier, scanner, etc. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills
- Judgment: Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary. Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.