Senior Director/Plant Manager
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Sr. Director/Plant Manager
- Are you an experienced operations leader who is interested in taking on a newly created role within a world class facility?
- Do you have a strong background leading teams in process manufacturing while driving efficiencies? Are you challenged by change and growth?
- Do you want to work in a collaborative, family-owned company that lives by its values every day?
The Gorilla Glue Company (“Gorilla”; https://www.gorillatough.com/) has been a leader in the CPG industry for over two decades. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio and with a presence in the UK, Gorilla is a family-owned business that prides itself on its collegial atmosphere and world-class products within a global portfolio of three brands: Gorilla Glue, O’Keeffe’s and Sapadilla. Leadership is focused on continued growth and improving operating efficiencies, accomplishing this through new product offerings and geographic expansion. At Gorilla, employees are the # 1 asset and enjoy a healthy work environment anchored on family values - Gorilla has been named a Top Place to Work in Cincinnati for eleven years in a row!
Regardless of the brand, Gorilla is united under one mission, “The Gorilla Way”: to build brands that people love with products they believe in alongside people they care about. Gorilla’s culture is truly unique – it has the perfect balance of striving for excellence in everything it does while having fun and being passionate. They believe its Four Pillars: Brands, Customer, Community and People, should be the driving force behind everything that they do.
Reporting to the VP of Global Manufacturing, the Sr. Director/Plant Manager will drive the success of Gorilla through operational guidance of their strategies to meet customer needs, grow their brands, invest in their people, culture, and community, all while meeting standards, operating plan, and goals. The Sr. Director/Plant Manager will lead manufacturing, logistics, continuous improvement, and maintenance for the Sharonville facility. The Sr. Director/Plant Manager will oversee strategic planning and day-to-day operations across multiple shifts for these areas of responsibility, along with the management and development of front line, supervisory, manager and director level staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Director/Plant Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of the 1 million sq. ft. plant with 7 direct reports and approximately 500 front line employees:
- Directs plant activities to ensure the attainment of financial and operational goals within the business unit in support of the company’s overall financial and strategic objectives
- Cultivates an organizational culture of continuous improvement with a focus to support growth, reduce costs, increase throughput, improve quality, keep accurate inventories, and exceed customer expectations
- Establishes, maintains, and monitors standard costs for both material and labor working closely with members of team to resolve variances
- Establishes the annual operational budget for all expenses related to the business unit. Assures budget variances are well managed and controlled
- Develop, maintain and report daily on performance metrics based on Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Direct and manage all staffing, production, logistics and maintenance for the company.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities
- Work closely with Purchasing, IT, Planning, Project Management, Quality, Engineering, Sales and Marketing to ensure smooth project transitions and implementations throughout the operation.
- Ensure safety policies, as well as work with EHS on policy and initiative development to drive safety culture.
- Capacity planning regarding both equipment and labor resources.
- Assist and enable the implementation of new equipment and processes, leveraging change management.
- Conducts annual performance reviews, goal setting and talent development for direct reports to dive clarity of goals and objectives and holding people accountable for delivery of business outcomes.
- Partners with HR and Ops Leadership to assess organization structure to ensure optimization to deliver org goals.
- Create a diverse and inclusive culture through investing in personal development and role modeling behaviors and practices consistent with a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- Delegate tasks properly while maintaining the pulse of the operation.
- Create, build, or maintain a culture consistent with Gorilla Glue values and leadership competencies.
- Support new technology implementation and automation via capital processes.
- Be a leading member and role model for the adoption of Lean practices, systems, tools, and behaviors.
- Other duties assigned by management.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable degree (prefer Operations Mgmt., Engineering, or similar field)
- 10-15 years of leadership experience in an operation and process manufacturing environment
- Ten years of experience managing direct reports (supervisors/engineers)
- GMP and ISO experience desired
- Preferred experience managing operations involving chemical and/or consumer product batching, liquid filling, packaging operations, warehouse operations
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing experience a must
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain workforces
- Proven success in championing OEE/MES outcomes.
- Experience with managing both MRP and WMS Systems for effective operations
- Experience navigating the implementation and change management of a robust ERP system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be analytical, demonstrate good judgement, work independently, and demonstrate effective initiative
- Demonstrate strategic planning skills
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Be a leader for Lean, Safety, and Diverse & Inclusive cultures
- Adaptability and agility with change
- Be a model of the Gorilla Way Culture with a teamwork driven mindset
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong integrity and respect for all levels of the organization
- Working manager (player / coach) mindset
- Transparent and collaborative
- Continuous learner
- Passion for growth and change
- Work hard, play hard