Director of Human Resources - Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
Hard Rock is a global casino operator with one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Social purpose is the life of the company and founded on the mottos – Love All-Serve All, Take Time To Be Kind, Save The Planet, and All Is One. We work to improve lives, help communities and sustain the earth, infusing the power of music into all we do, wherever we are. Today, more than 40,000 Hard Rock employees enact our mottos’ global values across 253 locations that include owned/licensed or managed Hotels, Casinos, Rock Shops® and Cafes spanning 68 countries.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Director of Human Resources is broadly responsible for all HR Operations functions and fostering an environment that creates excitement for guests and team members, and promoting & retaining a highly skilled work force. This person will interact with Team Members at all levels of the business including the Leadership Team in Cincinnati. This is a 24/7 business that will require working as needed on off shifts and holidays to support all team members. It is a great opportunity to have an influence on both the organization and the business.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Casino Cincinnati their choice for gaming and entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor and a source of inspiration to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Collaborates with the VP HR to develop and deliver on the organizational strategy for the business.
- Implements and monitors HR Operations department standards, guidelines, and objectives.
- Hires, motivates, evaluates and directs Human Resources Operations staff to ensure that employees receive adequate information, guidance, and resources to accomplish established objectives.
- Establishes and maintains HR Operations objectives, standards, and procedures within established budget in accordance with property practices to ensure the proper management of the department.
- Advises departments in matters pertaining to training, development, and employment to ensure the highest level of expertise for department planning and decision-making.
- Consults with property leadership on issues pertaining to policy and procedure execution to ensure the safeguarding and fulfillment of Hard Rock values, beliefs, and mission according to objectives
- Organize and execute trainings related to skill building including leadership, performance management, leadership coaching and counseling, and the ability to teach groups and individuals how to access and use HR systems to their full potential. Train front line team members on creating an outstanding guest experience.
- Learn, interpret, and apply the terms of all collective bargaining agreements.
- Communicates with peers across properties in order to maintain consistent procedures, guidelines, and practices in all areas of disciplines; informs the Vice President of Human Resources of potential liabilities and problems on property.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 7 - 10+ years of HR experience in a similar role
- Experience with training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and HRIS systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to analyze data and provide analysis in an easily understood format
- Must obtain and maintain all licenses/certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations
- Must successfully pass background check and drug screen
- Must be able to obtain an Ohio Casino Control Commission Gaming license
ATTRIBUTES OF THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- This can be an intense work environment with many moving parts. It requires the ability to multi-task, make decisions, and have clear and open communication with the VP HR and all levels of the HR Operations Team.
- This person will be a very social, positive, high-energy person and comfortable interacting at all levels of the business.
- Must have a “presence” and build trust and credibility.
- Being adaptable and flexible - but appropriately push back as needed.
- It’s important to be naturally empathetic when addressing team member concerns.
- Ability to influence leaders and team members at all levels.