Hi-Tek Manufacturing - Machine Tool Controls and Electrical Integration Engineer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you creative, hands-on, and a problem solver?
- Do you want to be part of something supporting the Aerospace industry and our Military?
- Does being part of a family culture where team play is encouraged appeal to you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hi-Tek Manufacturing has been in business for over 40 years and operates a state of the art 125,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility. Based in northern Cincinnati, they focus on customer service and quality standards, and have grown to provide a full scope of manufacturing services for the gas turbine and aerospace industries, servicing all the major turbine engine OEMs. Hi-Tek sets the industry standard by providing highly engineered, complex components and assemblies for aircraft engine, airframes and land based industrial gas turbines, and provides specialized machining, welding, brazing, and heat treat services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Machine Tool Controls and Electrical Integration Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting and diagnosing machine tool control problems. This person will also repair and replace parts as needed, write code for CNC controls, update software on machinery, and work with engineering teams and maintenance personnel to develop new processes through customization of equipment. This role will use their creative skills to assist in the development of new processes and tools. The Machine Tool Controls and Electrical Integration Engineer will:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose machine tool control problems.
- Automate various machines to serve multiple purposes.
- Handle PLC programming.
- Repair and replace parts on machinery.
- Create and read electrical schematics.
- Work with wiring control panels.
- Update software on machinery as needed.
- Integrate aftermarket accessories to machine tools.
- Work in a hands-on environment on the shop floor when required.
- Work with engineering and maintenance teams to develop new processes.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
- Working mechanical knowledge of machine tools and industrial equipment
- Working mechanical and electrical knowledge of EDM machines
- Working knowledge of electronics, software, hydraulics, and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of conventional and non-conventional machining
- Knowledge and ability to program CNC machinery is a plus
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Leadership skills
- Must possess vision and creativity
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct
An opportunity to be an integral part of improving processes, automating custom machinery, and designing complex fixures and gages for a wide range of machining processes in the Gas Turbine/Aero Engine industries. This position will provide the opportunity be creative while working in a family owned business environment that values it’s team members' contributions, and reinvests for their future.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.