Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing engineering firm headquartered in Cincinnati with offices throughout the Southeast. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemicals, consumer products, pharmaceuticals, and food & beverage markets across the nation.
Reporting to the COO, the HR Director will provide leadership and direction for the human resources function including workforce planning, organizational strategy, recruiting & onboarding, payroll, employee relations, coaching, workers compensation, and FMLA in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulatory agency requirements. This person will provide HR services to a 200-person business in multiple locations with one direct report as an HR/Payroll Specialist.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute HR priorities and initiatives that align with and support the delivery of business strategy.
- Partner with General Managers, Project Managers, and other leaders to plan and execute their team-related HR needs.
- Act as a senior level advisor, providing interpretation and guidance on HR issues for all levels of management and employees.
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention programs which attract, retain and embrace a diverse workforce.
- Assist senior leadership team in the areas of employee performance, compensation planning and career development.
- Maintain positive employee relations and proactively address employee issues and concerns.
- Review, revise, and create employee policies and procedures to ensure consistent implementation and application.
- Overall responsibility for onboarding, payroll, STD, LTD, FMLA, worker’s compensation, and unemployment in collaboration with outside counsel as indicated.
- Collaborate with external recruiting and legal resources including H1B and other visa-related needs.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local labor laws and industry regulations.
- Act as a knowledgeable resource for the company retirement and health insurance plans.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field; PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- 10 - 15+ years of progressive experience in all phases of HR management with professional services industry experience strongly preferred.
- Highly competent in Human Resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures including the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements in multiple states.
- Experience with HRIS, payroll, and recruiting systems; Paycor preferred.
- Experience in managing at least one direct report.
- Proven success recruiting and onboarding at all levels.
- Ability to present and communicate information effectively.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Uncompromising integrity. Displays a dedication to ethical behavior and honesty.
- A life-long learner. Someone who continually seeks new information. There is always more to be learned and this constant vigilance keeps you on top of regulations, compliance, and industry best practices. Be curious.
- Fun to work with! We all have different definitions of fun. We like to get to know each other. Chat at the water cooler… join us for happy hour! We want someone who leads by example and inspires, encourages, and uplifts everyone to higher levels of performance.
Candidates for this position will be considered within the Cincinnati/NKY regional area only.