HR Director - Cincinnati Works
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you want to be part of an organization that leads the effort to eliminate poverty in our community?
- Do you want the opportunity to be in a key leadership role that will create the HR function and further build an inclusive and equitable workplace environment?
- Do you want to join a team that truly cares about each other and every member they serve?
ABOUT CINCINNATI WORKS:
Cincinnati Works is a nonprofit organization that brings hope and encouragement to people living in poverty through a network of comprehensive employment services and over 75 employer partnerships. Founded in 1996, the organization has helped thousands of job seekers below the federal poverty guidelines find employment and work toward economic self-sufficiency.
Once a member is established in a stable job, coaching services are provided to enable advancement to higher paying jobs. This provides the community a previously untapped source of entry- and mid-level workers, decreased need for public resources, and a solution-focused strategy to eliminate poverty in the region.
This newly created leadership position reports to the CEO and will be a credible, trusted business partner and a trusted employee advocate. They will build HR policies and systems to ensure business needs and workforce management policies and practices are in full alignment. This includes all aspects of human resources: recruiting, hiring, employee relations and engagement, compensation and benefits, training and development, and employment law compliance. They will also be a fearless and consistent advocate of equity, inclusion, and diversity throughout every policy, process, and practice within the organization
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop, implement, and execute an inclusive workforce management strategy for the organization, which includes appropriate success metrics along with succession and staff planning
- Ensure organization-wide compliance to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
- Manage the organization’s human resources information systems (HRIS) and other related platforms to ensure employment related recordkeeping is accurate, up-to-date, and appropriately accessibleCreate and lead inclusive and equitable recruiting and new employee onboarding process
- Engage management to enhance team performance and organizational equityCreate and manage employee performance management processes including training and development infrastructure
- Explore and recommend employee engagement practices and rewards and recognition programs
- Manage and recommend compensation structures and strategies
- Assist with implementation and structure of culture change efforts
- Review, revise, and create employee policies and procedures and ensure consistent and equitable implementation and application throughout the organization
- Work collaboratively with finance department on payroll-related matters and employee benefits (e.g., health, dental, retirement, etc.)
- Manage worker’s compensation and unemployment compensation programs, as well as maintain accident reports
- Act as staff liaison for the Board of Directors DE&I Committee
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field
- A minimum of seven years of progressive HR generalist experience (PHR and/or SHRM-CP certificate or higher is a plus)
- Recruiting experience for a variety of roles within an organization
- Experience working on or leading an inclusive workforce management strategy for the organization
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and work independently; ability to prioritize duties and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to properly document HR and organizational information
- Ability to maintain a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and to properly manage sensitive information
- Comfortable presenting and communicating information in an effective way to a variety of audiences
- Salary: $75,000-$85,000 based on experienceBenefits include:
- 6% employer contribution to 401(k) with no matching requirement
- health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- flexible spending and health savings accounts
- 13 days paid time off (increases a day each anniversary)
- 12 days sick time off
- flex Fridays
- work/life balance; in fact, we call it life/work balance