HR Director - Family Office
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a multi-billion-dollar Family Office in the Kenwood area. They serve a large, multigenerational family with their investment management and personal needs.
- Do you want to utilize your broad Human Resources experience outside of the corporate world in a collaborative and rewarding environment?
- Would you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and handling all areas of Human Resources in a small office setting?
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Director is an additional role due to the growth of the organization. The incumbent will be responsible for planning and executing all human resources-related activities for both the office and domestic staff to align with business objectives. This person will be a key trusted partner and advisor to the family members and will work closely with the concierge services.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in a relatively small, collaborative office environment where all members pitch in and work on special projects on a regular basis.
- Communicate and collaborate with office and domestic staff frequently in addition to family members in multiple states.
- Manage recruiting and onboarding process for office and domestic staff, communicating often with family members to clarify job roles and responsibilities, compensation, and schedule. Work with recruiting firms as appropriate. Establish consistent work agreements across all family members.
- Partner with insurance broker to manage benefit programs, including renewals, invoicing, and enrollment. Regularly communicate with employees regarding all benefit options, changes, and inquiries.
- Oversee all employee relations and establish and manage a structured performance management process and templates for domestic and non-domestic employees. Effectively manage performance issues, including termination, partnering with Legal and family members, as appropriate. Create learning and development programs that provide internal development opportunities, as needed.
- Ensure organization-wide compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Review and analyze market and internal data to establish consistent compensation practices across entities. Oversee the bi-monthly payroll processing and time keeping via Paylocity.
- Create employee handbook and develop and update HR policies. Partner with in-house attorney to obtain disclosures and ensure consistent work agreements across family members.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources or a related field.
- Human Resources experience in a professional service industry or environment.
- Self-sufficiency to personally handle all areas of Human Resources.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability and desire to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Requires creativity, self-motivation, and a positive service and solutions-oriented demeanor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including the ability to prepare PowerPoint slides and presentations.
- Our client has a beautiful office environment with a strong team that collaborates on a regular basis.
- Some domestic travel required to meet with family members.