Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Champlin Architecture is an innovative, design-driven firm invested in pushing creativity, collaboration, and construction to deliver unique buildings that inspire through form and delight through function. Champlin turns structural visions into reality by applying resourceful, imaginative minds at every step of the process and creating work environments that strike the perfect balance of form and function.
The HR Manager will be responsible for planning, assisting with directing, and executing human resources activities for the company’s workforce. The HR Manager will align corporate business objectives with employees and management. They will serve as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues, as well as a operate as a change agent throughout the company. Their role will focus on the crucial areas of Human Resources; payroll, benefits, onboarding, culture building, and assist in bringing new talent into the organization. The HR Manager will also lead corporate wide Human Resource projects as appropriate.
This role requires creativity, self-motivation, a positive solutions-oriented demeanor and significant collaboration with Principals, Associates, and staff. This position will also design, publish, and administer human resources policies and programs in collaboration with senior management.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enhance employee relations and employee engagement through participation in onboarding of new employees, community involvement, and employment risk management.
- Ensure organization-wide compliance to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Manage the organization’s HRIS and other platforms to ensure accurate, up-to-date, and appropriately accessible records.
- Lead inclusive and equitable recruiting and onboarding process
- Create, review, and update job descriptions and job postings for new and existing positions.
- Manage and enhance a current onboarding and orientation process
- Process new hire data
- Conduct and coordinate training related to benefits and HR related topics.
- Coordinate first-day logistics
- Administer all employee benefit programs (e.g., health, dental, retirement, etc.)
- Review, revise, and create employee policies and procedures to ensure consistent implementation and application throughout the organization
- Manage payroll
- Manage worker’s compensation and unemployment compensation programs, as well as maintain accident reports.
- Participate in and document disciplinary actions and conflict resolution procedures/meetings.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of HR Generalist/Manager/Business Partner experience
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification or higher preferred
- Proven success recruiting and onboarding at all levels – salaried and hourly
- Highly competent in Human Resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures including the ability to maintain a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and managing sensitive information.
- Excellent ability to present and communicate information in an effective way.