Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
CLIENT SUMMARY: Founded in 2014, STEP CG is one of the fastest growing privately held companies based in Cincinnati, Ohio. They are a technology engineering firm supporting a full portfolio of voice, networking and professional services solutions. They specialize in the Internet of Things and how that applies to our customers across a wide range of industries, including healthcare, education, manufacturing, financial, retail, legal, government and service providers. They offer a complete range of networking, security and voice services, from planning and design, to testing and deployment, to ongoing monitoring and support.
The HR Manager will be responsible for planning, directing and executing human resources activities for the company’s workforce. The HR Manager will align corporate business objectives with employees and management. They will serve as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues, as well as a change agent throughout the company. Their role will focus on the crucial areas of Human Resources; payroll, benefits, onboarding, culture building, and bringing new talent into the organization. The HR Manager will also lead corporate wide Human Resource projects as appropriate.
This role requires creativity, self-motivation, a positive solutions-oriented demeanor and significant collaboration with field operating managers and supervisors. This position will also design, publish, and administer human resources policies and programs in collaboration with senior management.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enhance employee relations and employee engagement through onboarding of new employees, internal communications, community involvement, and employment risk management.
- Ensure organization-wide compliance to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Manage the organization’s HRIS and other platforms to ensure accurate, up-to-date, and appropriately accessible records.
- Lead inclusive and equitable recruiting and onboarding process
- Work closely with hiring managers to execute departmental hiring plans
- Create, review, and update job descriptions and job postings for new and existing positions.
- Manage (and create) an onboarding and orientation process
- Process new hire data
- Conduct and coordinate training
- Coordinate first-day logistics
- Administer all employee benefit programs (e.g., health, dental, retirement, etc.)
- Review, revise, and create employee policies and procedures to ensure consistent implementation and application throughout the organization
- Manage payroll
- Manage worker’s compensation and unemployment compensation programs, as well as maintain accident reports.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of HR Generalist/Manager/Business Partner experience
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification or higher preferred
- Proven success recruiting and onboarding at all levels – salaried and hourly
- Highly competent in Human Resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures including the ability to maintain a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and managing sensitive information.
- Excellent ability to present and communicate information in an effective way.