Human Resources Manager
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a well-established, well respected Cincinnati 3rd generation family company with a strong commitment of adding value to Cincinnati and its residents. Their business is focused on the commercial real estate market. They are looking for an experienced HR Manager who will be a credible, trusted business partner and a trusted employee advocate to join their family business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring business needs and workforce management policies and practices are in full alignment, which includes talent acquisition, employee relations and engagement, compensation and benefits, training and development, and employment law compliance.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop, implement, and execute an inclusive workforce management strategy for the organization, which includes appropriate success metrics.
- Ensure organization-wide compliance to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Manage the organization’s HRIS and other platforms to ensure accurate, up-to-date, and appropriately accessible records.
- Lead inclusive and equitable recruiting and onboarding process
- Work closely with hiring managers to execute departmental hiring plans
- Create, review, and update job descriptions and job postings for new and existing positions.
- Manage (and create) an organization-wide interviewing and hiring process ensuring pay equity, consistency, and legal compliance.
- Manage (and create) an onboarding and orientation process
- Process new hire data
- Conduct and coordinate training
- Coordinate first-day logistics
- Administer all employee benefit programs (e.g., health, dental, retirement, etc.)
- Engage leadership to enhance team performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Manage (and create) employee performance management processes
- Explore and recommend employee engagement practices, rewards and recognition programs
- Manage and recommend compensation structures and strategies
- Review, revise, and create employee policies and procedures to ensure consistent implementation and application throughout the organization
- Work collaboratively with finance department on payroll-related matters
- Manage worker’s compensation and unemployment compensation programs, as well as maintain accident reports.
What are the Perks?
- Work for a company that will provide challenge, a collaborative culture and a strong emphasis on individual and company growth
- Work with others who enjoy their job and appreciate the family-based culture
- Benefits include insurance coverage (health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance), 401K, PTO, paid holidays, and employee continuing education.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years of HR Generalist/Manager/Business Partner experience
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification or higher preferred
- Proven success recruiting and onboarding at all levels – salaried and hourly
- Highly competent in Human Resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures including the ability to maintain a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, and managing sensitive information.
- Experience in the Commercial Real Estate business is a plus
- Excellent ability to present and communicate information in an effective way.
- Job will include working in the corporate office, as well as travel to other local sites for recruiting purposes
- Flexibility to occasionally work weekends and/or evenings.