Hydrotech - Controller
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For over 50 years, Hydrotech has been committed to providing industry with the finest, most reliable fluid power and automation products and services available. Starting as a small, family-owned shop in 1967, now PE owned, Hydrotech has built on a foundation of customer solutions, integrity, teamwork, and uncompromising expertise and innovation. As technologies have emerged and evolved over the decades, Hydrotech has stayed ahead of the curve in product knowledge, innovative engineering, connected technology, and game-changing service. Today, they are leading integrator of Industry 4.0 technologies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
Reporting to the President, the Controller will contribute to the organization’s mission by overseeing all accounting and financial operations of the organization. The Controller will possess some of these skills and demonstrate the ability to learn and master the others as they develop in their career at Hydrotech. The Controller will:
- Establish, or recommend to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
- Act as a liaison with corporate finance and recommend modifications to existing corporate programs.
- Develop monthly and annual forecasts.
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Direct the preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, operating plan, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Manage balance sheet, income statement and company cash flow.
- Set and administer credit and collection policies.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provide management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Generate accurate and complete financial statements in a timely manner.
- Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advise management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arrange for audits of company’s accounts.
- Establish relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Work directly with major customers to optimize cash collection cycle.
- Support operations on developing and administering major capital investments.
- Act as an in-house resource for coaching of business financial acumen.
- Act as a key contributor to company’s digital strategy.
- Play key role in implementation and ongoing operation of ERP system.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- 5+ years’ of accounting experience.
- Adept in lean manufacturing 80/20 and/or EOS Practices preferred.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Proficient with ERP systems, data query and reporting.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
Sarah Benner, Search Operations Manager