Interim Finance and Accounting Roles
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION TITLE: INTERIM FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING ROLES
INTERIM SOLUTIONS: As professionals find themselves unemployed, underemployed or even just unengaged in their current roles, they are taking the opportunity to assess their career paths as well as factors like work/life integration. All of these reasons are why organizations and professionals view interim roles as a solution as they work through uncertainties.
Are you a professional interested in an interim role? Our clients often ask us to fill interim roles, particularly Controllers, Finance Directors and CFOs.
This can be for a variety of reasons:
- An organization cannot commit to hiring a permanent employee or cannot wait until a permanent person can be found
- An organization needs someone with a specific skillset to devote time to a high-priority project
- There is a need to re-think the role, but the work still needs to get done
- The organization has a department in need of an overhaul.
SAMPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department
- Oversee the accounting operations of business systems, transaction processing, and overall consolidated financial reporting
- Prepare, analysis and distribute monthly financial statements
- Ensure financial accounting methods and procedures are performed in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for the month-end close process; make and/or oversee all journal entries to facilitate the month end close
- Payroll and benefit analysis and associated journal entries
- Capital expenditure analysis and depreciation calculation and journal entry
- General ledger and intercompany expenditure reconciliation
- Accrual analysis and adjusting journal entries
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of general ledger information and chart of accounts.
- Ensure accounts payable and accounts receivable are maintained in a proper timely manner.
- Ensure customer invoicing is accurate
- Prepare and manage annual budget and forecast
- Analyze and interpret financial data; recommend changes to improve system and financial performance.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Monitoring and reporting compliance with debt covenants.
- Ensure local, state, and federal reporting and tax filings.
- Assist with annual external auditors.
TYPICAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting or a related field with CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum ten years of related work experience including leadership of accounting teams
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Deep experience with ERP systems
- Works proficiently in a very fast paced environment.
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills