Inventory Control Manager
Location:   Monroe OH
Salary:   based on experience
CSafe offers a full suite of cold chain shipping solutions and is the only provider of active air cargo solutions as well as passive parcel and cell and gene solutions. In addition to key acquisitions, CSafe has expanded operations to more than 40 service centers and countless hubs worldwide to ensure product availability and continue to fulfill our founders’ mission to provide patients around the world with access to viable, life-enhancing pharmaceuticals.
The Inventory Control Manager role has been created because of growth of the organization. This person will maintain CSafe’s inventory of both parts for the manufacturing facility as well as the parts for the 40+ service centers across the globe. The Inventory Control Manager will ensure inventory accuracy to enable proper production planning and to keep the service centers stocked for quick turn-around of repairs. This is a leadership position with a small team of direct reports.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees a team of inventory control employees including material handlers and shipping and receiving personnel.
- Manages tracking system to properly record deliveries, usage and shipments of inventory from raw materials through production and finished goods.
- Monitors stocking levels and works directly with Procurement team to ensure needed materials are being ordered. Continually evaluates stock targets and makes regular adjustment to optimize inventory positions.
- Manages schedules of employees, deliveries, and shipments to optimize operations and minimize associated costs.
- Continuously improves operating procedures to achieve department goals and objectives related to material flow and inventory positions.
- Works with Logistics group to arrange incoming and outgoing shipments. Arranges regularly scheduled shipments to customers and outsourcing partners.
- Monitors inventory accuracy at all locations under their jurisdiction. Follows up on any major discrepancies with investigations and corrective actions.
- Reports on inventory levels, cycle count results, supply chain issue and concerns, inventory turns and other relevant metrics. Develops and communicates progress on action plans to improve areas of deficiency.
- Ensures parts move from receiving to storage and then issued for use while maintaining accurate records for all material moves. Ensures oldest parts are used first to ensure FIFO is followed.
- Maintains high level of housekeeping and organization throughout the organization.
- Ensure any damaged parts are properly accounted for and works directly with Quality to resolve issue discovered during incoming inspections.
- Lead quarterly and annual physical inventory audits. Works with area owners to plan such events and ensures all participating employees are properly trained.
- Operates forklift when necessary.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or associates degree in business, logistics, supply chain management or similar.
- Product and inventory management certification a plus.
- Forklift operator training and certification desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience directing a team responsible for inventory control.
- Experience with computerized inventory control and forecasting software.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- In depth understanding of inventory control procedures.
- Extremely organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proactive critical thinking skills
This is an outstanding organization with a great culture, sustained growth, high retention and an excellent benefits package. CSafe is currently located just south of Dayton in Moraine, with a relocation to Monroe, OH (Northern Cincinnati) scheduled for January 2022.