Automation Engineer - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Savannah GA
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
- Work with a team to deliver graphic and code development for heavy industrial clients on a prescribed schedule.
- Capable of converting old graphics and code from a legacy DCS or PLC to the new platform. Ability to understand and create electrical and instrumentation design documentation is preferable.
- Lean, flexible, capable of working with different customers and delivering projects in different ways. Eager to grow and a continuous learner. Self-starter. Good communication skills.
- Preferably experience in consulting engineering or construction working for industrial customers but not required.
- Ensure engagement with clients in an ethical and professional manner and always being an ambassador for Jedson while adhering to all standards of quality.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- B.S. degree in Engineering with 5-10+ years of experience in PLC and/or Distributed Control System programming in Rockwell Allen Bradley and/or Emerson DeltaV systems
- Preferably experience with both hardware and software design (either/or works, but both are preferable)
- Experience with graphic design, programming code, and migration from older systems.
- Light instrumentation and control design.
- Experience in consumer products, chemicals, food, beverage or any heavy industrial industry.
- EPC or Engineering firm experience preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships.
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operations.
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred but not required.
Chuck Aardema, Executive Recruiter