Construction Manager - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Toledo OR
Salary:   based on experience
LOCATION: Toledo, OR
WHO WE ARE:
At Jedson Engineering, we’re focused on being a critical resource to the engineering needs of our clients in the consumer products, food & beverage, pulp & paper, and chemical industries. Our headquarters is in Cincinnati, OH with offices across the southeast and projects throughout the US. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This person will be working onsite full time for Jedson at the Georgia Pacific Mill in Toledo, Oregon. At a high level, the Construction Manager ensures projects run according to schedule, meeting financial objectives and Jedson’s core goals while exercising independent judgement.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned projects.
- Organize and direct all construction-related activities related to EPCM projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule; meets accounting requirements; and is completed to quality standards.
- Skillfully navigates the wide array of tasks and responsibilities required to successfully deliver projects while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Coordinates pricing and proposals with contractors on projects. Monitors construction timeline and ensures that contractors are maintaining schedule and budgets.
- Review/approve monthly contractor billing to ensure request aligns with work completed to date.
- Closes out projects at completion, ensuring all final invoices and contractual commitments have been processed.
- Authorize/approve all project purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Primary client contact for all project-field activities.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Interpret and implement and lead safety programs.
- Estimate task/project costs and work duration; develop schedules; coordinate labor, materials, and subcontractors, etc.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- 2- or 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction is preferred, but not required.
- At least 10 – 15+ years of Construction Management experience related to industrial and manufacturing facilities. (Facility and Plant engineers who have managed large projects as lead Project Engineer are acceptable); Pulp & Paper experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations as related to Construction work. OSHA certification preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and documents in order to manage projects and perform cost estimations for change orders, work completed, and work remaining.
- Organizational skills and ability to accurately track and submit job cost, schedule, and safety related details to office personnel.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and communicate effectively with clients, designers, engineers, field staff, suppliers/subcontractors, and other contractors at job sites.
- Ability to self-manage daily and weekly activities in order to aggressively complete project and management requirements.
- Ability to re-organize project tasks and priorities as necessary to ensure client’s project milestones are met.
- Ability to lead others.