Electrical Designer - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Greenville SC
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Electrical Designer will work on industrial projects including design of power distribution, lighting, and grounding systems. Projects range from small facility modifications to complex EPC contracts for heavy industrial processes in any one or more of the pulp and paper, chemicals, food and beverage, consumer products, or pharmaceutical industries. Some travel to project and construction sites will be required.
- Design power system facilities and equipment and coordinate construction, operation, and maintenance of industrial electrical systems.
- Participate in the planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of electrical engineering projects.
- Prepare drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used, in construction and equipment installation.
- Work products will include: equipment specifications, one-line diagrams, wiring drawings, connection diagrams, , motor schematics, conduit and tray routing drawings, lighting plans, grounding plans, cable schedules, termination schedules and contractor scope documents
- Work with other disciplines to ensure necessary project information flow.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- While this person could be an Electrical Engineer, an experienced Electrical Designer would also be a fit if capable of handling the full scope of a related client project.
- 7+ years of experience with design/installation of medium and low-voltage distribution equipment, with experience in consulting engineering and construction industry
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards (NEC, ANSI, NEMA, NFPA)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to handle onsite plant projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform lighting calculations.
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and operate within budgets and work directly with client engineers and maintenance teams.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and team leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit.
- Capability with CAD systems including AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Chuck Aardema, Executive Recruiter