Electrical Designer - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Greenville SC
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
Jedson Engineering is headquartered in Cincinnati with offices throughout the Southeast and expanding into the West. We provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. We are in a significant growth mode and it’s an exciting time to be joining our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Electrical Designer will work on industrial projects including design of power distribution, lighting, and grounding systems. Projects range from small facility modifications to complex EPC contracts for heavy industrial processes in any one or more of the pulp and paper, chemicals, food and beverage, consumer products, or pharmaceutical industries. Some travel to project and construction sites will be required.
- Design power system facilities and equipment and coordinate construction, operation, and maintenance of industrial electrical systems.
- Participate in the planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of electrical engineering projects
- Prepares drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used, in construction and equipment installation
- Work products will include: equipment specifications, one-line diagrams, wiring drawings, connection diagrams, , motor schematics, conduit and tray routing drawings, lighting plans, grounding plans, cable schedules, termination schedules and contractor scope documents
- Work with other disciplines to ensure necessary project information flow.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- While this person could be an Electrical Engineer, an experienced Electrical Designer would also be a fit if capable of handling the full scope of a related client project.
- 7+ years of experience with design/installation of medium and low-voltage distribution equipment, with experience in consulting engineering and construction industry
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards (NEC, ANSI, NEMA, NFPA)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to handle onsite plant projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform lighting calculations
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and operate within budgets and work directly with client engineers and maintenance teams.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and team leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit.
- Capability with CAD systems including AutoCAD;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.