Jedson Engineering - Civil Engineer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE
At Jedson Engineering, we’re focused on being a critical resource to the engineering needs of our clients in the consumer products, food & beverage, pulp & paper, and chemical industries. Our headquarters is in Cincinnati, OH with offices across the southeast. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Civil Engineer will use theoretical knowledge and practical design methodology for civil site design. The incumbent will design/configure the planning of site layout, design proposed utilities, relocation of existing utilities, prepare the proposed final grading/Erosion control, prepare the drainage calculations, inspect the construction work and ensure the installation of site utilities, earthwork, and site improvements.
- Work with multi-discipline engineering project teams to support large and small engineering and EPCm projects
- Ensure thorough understanding of each project scope, specifications, and design criteria
- Prepare reports, design criteria, estimates, designs, and drawings
- Strong design skills in planning, utilities, site layout, grading and roadways including storm water and earthwork calculations
- Review drawings, providing technical advice on safe designs and construction
- Obtain planning and/or site/building regulation approvals with varying jurisdictions
- Work and communicate effectively with other disciplines (architects and engineers)
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors
- Administer sub-contracts & manage civil projects (schedules, proposals, scopes of work)
- Inspect geotechnical properties to evaluate the site grading conditions
- prepare preliminary study base maps (Previous drawings, InfraWorks, ArcGIS Pro etc.)
- Coordinate and inspect topographic surveys to evaluate existing conditions
- Use computer aided software for storm water/drainage design and material takeoffs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer with 3+ years of experience as a Civil Engineer with preferred experience in heavy or light industrial engineering projects.
- Experience with engineering services provider, preferred.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revu, BIM360, Infraworks, Hydraflow, ArcGIS Pro
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
- Well organized, analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Will need to be a good communicator and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and clients
- The successful candidate will display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of projects.
- They will have proven budget and schedule management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials, and code regulations.