Mechanical/HVAC Engineer - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast, and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
You will be managing industrial projects involving the design of Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems. The successful candidate will provide a high level of leadership, mentoring and training for less experienced staff. You will work directly with customers and interfaces with potential clients on a regular basis.
- Leads the design of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems and their associated equipment. Design can range from a conceptual level to detailed construction documents.
- Projects will involve the following systems: air handling, exhaust, chilled water, steam, dust control, and plumbing.
- Create Airflow and Utility Flow Diagrams.
- Size ductwork, piping, perform pressure drop calculations for systems.
- Create Riser diagrams and complete fixture calculations and schedule.
- Conduct field surveys of existing facilities for the purpose of gathering design data, documents, measurements or observation of facility operations.
- Prepare contract documentation, including drawings and specifications, which conform to industry standards, guidelines and regulatory agencies.
- Review equipment and material shop drawings for compliance with contract documents
- Assist with, and support business development activities that support Jedson’s overall strategic goals.
- Lead internal teams and mentor less experienced engineers and designers.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- 5+ years’ experience designing Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems. Must have engineering consulting experience.
- Understands project scheduling and sequencing of engineering activities.
- Candidate shall have an understanding of project scheduling and sequencing of engineering activities.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or Revit, preferably both.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, ASPE and International Building Codes is required.
- Some travelling is required.
- Makes major mechanical design recommendations and decisions in collaboration with each project team. Plans design work by discipline for all project sizes.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on large complex projects or multiple smaller projects.
- Actively participates in quality control of projects.
- Plays a significant role in project reviews for quality control on complex projects.
Scott Slocum, Executive Recruiter