Manager of Project - Pulp & Paper for Jedson Engineering
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
Jedson Engineering is headquartered in Cincinnati with offices throughout the Southeast and expanding into the West. We provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. We are in a significant growth mode and it’s an exciting time to be joining our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Projects is responsible for leading teams to deliver pulp & paper projects in the Consumer Products industry. This person will manage project managers, resources, schedules, and financials. This includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The Manager of Projects will also contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
- Plan, organize, lead, and control projects efficiently and effectively ensuring projects run according to schedule and are meeting financial objectives
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise activities of all Project Managers
- Provide on-site leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Manage all aspects of multiple projects simultaneously to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Authorize/approve project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.), purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverables with team members and stakeholders
- For projects being managed personally, report on project progress against established success criteria, comparing results with metrics. Identify and implement corrective actions to address deviations
- For all project in the office, conduct periodic (generally monthly) project reviews, monitoring cost, schedule, technical and client relationship status. These reviews will include PM’s, the GM, COO and CFO depending on the nature of the project.
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews
- Navigate the wide array of tasks and responsibilities required to successfully deliver projects while providing the highest level of customer service
- Interpret and implement safety programs
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 10+ years experience in a consulting engineering environment, including pulp & paper & tissue experience
- Commitment to helping our customers be successful
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience mentoring less experienced engineering and project management professionals and overseeing projects under the daily management of others
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Ability to self-manage daily and weekly activities in order to aggressively complete project and management requirements
- Ability to re-organize project tasks and task priorities as necessary to ensure client’s project milestones are met
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Ability to work well in a team setting and communicate effectively with clients, designers, engineers, field staff, suppliers/subcontractors, and other contractors at project sites
- NOTE: This position will require approximately 25% travel to be available on appropriate project sites when needed.