Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
The ideal candidate will possess 7 to 15 years’ experience designing Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems. Project experience in Consumer Products, Food Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, and Laboratories is preferred. In this role, the successful candidate will support the project team by designing and specifying mechanical systems. Depending on the individual needs of the project, design ranges from preliminary sizing and pricing to detailed design and construction documents. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the team to define and execute each unique project to exceed customer expectations.
- Perform design of HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems and their associated equipment. Design can range from a conceptual level to detailed construction documents.
- Design the following systems: air handling, exhaust, chilled water, steam, dust control, and plumbing.
- Create Airflow and Utility Flow Diagrams.
- Size ductwork, piping, perform pressure drop calculations for systems.
- Create Riser diagrams and complete fixture calculations and schedule.
- Conduct field surveys of existing facilities for the purpose of gathering design data, documents, measurements or observation of facility operations.
- Prepare contract documentation, including drawings and specifications, which conform to industry standards, guidelines and regulatory agencies.
- Review equipment and material shop drawings for compliance with contract documents
- Prepare written reports for projects and studies.
- Assist with, and support business development activities that support Jedson’s overall strategic goals.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 7 to 15 years’ experience designing Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Project experience in Consumer Products, Food Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Laboratories is preferred.
- Candidate must have engineering consulting experience.
- Candidate must have excellent collaboration, written and oral communication skills, have an understanding of the work and needs of other disciplines, and be capable of making presentations to both internal and client audiences.
- Candidate shall have an understanding of project scheduling and sequencing of engineering activities.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or Revit, preferably both.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational, time management & multitasking skills.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, ASPE and International Building Codes is required.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) is highly desirable.
- Some travelling is required.