Operations Manager - Jedson Engineering (Mid Atlantic)
Location:   Mid Atlantic
Salary:   based on experience
View and download the full Executive Job Profile
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This leadership position is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all design-build EPC projects conducted by the local Jedson office with a focus on projects in consumer goods, food & beverage, pulp & paper, pharmaceutical, and chemicals industries.
- Oversees all local project operations and performs project management duties during the absence of the project manager.
- Develops and implements organization policies, practices, procedures; ensures the attainment of operational goals. Evaluates current procedures and practices for effectiveness and offers creative alternatives to improve the business.
- Responsible for all organizational aspects of the office (people, processes, facility management, etc.).
- Intuitively reviews, analyzes and prepares reports, records, and directives, and confers with managers / supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for work assignments or functional activities and plans communicates objectives to project teams.
- Organizes resources to ensure effective service delivery.
- Offers work direction, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Leads the reinforcement of safe work practices on all projects.
- Personally interacts with and manages relationships with all customers and ensure value is provided to the client and develop & earn their trust.
- Continuously evaluates opportunities to develop business with current and new customers.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering
- 15 – 20+ years of related experience in industrial project engineering including 10+ years of experience with an engineering firm
- Excellent team and project leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships.
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of office operations.
- Monitor project team implementations, costs, and progress relative to plan.
Scott Slocum, Executive Recruiter