Jedson - Operations Manager
Location:   Mobile AL
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
At Jedson Engineering, we’re focused on being a critical resource to the engineering needs of our clients in the consumer products, food & beverage, pulp & paper, and chemical industries. Our headquarters is in Cincinnati, OH with offices across the southeast. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This leadership position is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all design-build EPC projects conducted by the Mobile office with a focus on projects in the pulp & paper and chemicals industries.
- Oversees all project operations in Mobile and performs project management duties during the absence of the project manager.
- Develops and implements organization policies, practices, procedures; ensures the
attainment of operational goals. Evaluates current procedures and practices for effectiveness and offers creative alternatives to improve the business
- Responsible for all organizational aspects of the office (people, processes, facility management, etc.).
- Intuitively reviews, analyzes and prepares reports, records, and directives, and
confers with managers / supervisors to obtain data required for planning
activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for work assignments or functional activities
and plans communicates objectives to project teams.
- Organizes resources to ensure effective service delivery.
- Offers work direction, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines
to ensure timely completion of work.
- Leads the reinforcement of safe work practices on all projects
- Personally interacts with and manages relationships with all customers and ensure value is provided to the client and develop & earn their trust.
- Continuously evaluates opportunities to develop business with current and new customers.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering
- 15 – 20+ years of related experience in industrial project engineering including 10+ years of experience with an engineering firm
- Excellent team and project leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of office operations
- Monitor project team implementations, costs, and progress relative to plan