Piping Designer - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Tabler Station
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
Jedson Engineering is headquartered in Cincinnati with offices throughout the Southeast and expanding into the West. We provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage markets across the nation. We are in a significant growth mode and it’s an exciting time to be joining our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Piping Designer is responsible for the complete piping design of new and/or existing piping and mechanical equipment systems.
- Gathers field information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Develops the design and drafting of complex 3D piping models given basic information such as P&ID's, piping specifications, equipment arrangement drawings, etc.
- Prepares detailed construction packages from 3D pipe models including isometrics, plans, sections, and material take-offs.
- Able to accurately forecast the hours required to complete work activities.
- Provides technical direction to less experienced piping designers.
- Reports administratively to the department lead and functionally as determined by the assigned projects.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- EPC experience or engineering consulting experience preferred.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD Plant 3D, CADWorx, NovisWorks, or similar 3D CAD software.
- Preferred experience in OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 & TWIC card.
- Must have the ability to generate isometrics, general arrangements, and piping construction packages.
- Must be experienced in industrial environments and comfortable collecting design information in the field.
- Understanding of industrial safety requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with the client to establish project scope, schedule, performance, and cost objectives for engineering projects.
- Experience in establishing and controlling project budget.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate internally with the engineering design group including process, mechanical, piping, electrical, controls, structural, and civil engineers as well as outside consultants.