Process/Mechanical Engineer - Hattiesburg, MS
Location:   Hattiesburg, MS
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati with offices throughout the Southeast. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
Jedson Engineering has an immediate need to fill a Process/Mechanical Engineer to be located at our client’s site near Hattiesburg, MS. This is a full-time, direct hire position. Pulp & paper experience on the “owner’s side” is required.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of business projects from inception through execution
- Understand project success criteria and ensure client expectations are met
- Lead or execute process designs in the form of engineering calculations documented on PFD’s, P&ID’s, general arrangement drawings, specifications, design basis, and associated lists.
- Actively participate in internal quality assurance processes by reviewing and checking process/mechanical group and interdisciplinary work products.
- Support the proposal process by providing scope descriptions, project estimates and deliverables list.
- Support the development and growth of key client relationships.
- During project execution, research and analyze data to make sound design decisions aligned with company, client, and project objectives and applicable codes.
- Drawing from experience, apply theory in a practical context to determine feasibility of design, identify potential process upsets and malfunctions incorporating appropriate remediations, and apply commercially available technology for process execution.
- Observe professional ethics, both in the application of codes and standards and personnel interactions.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 7-15 years of experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Oversees project execution to ensure completion and client satisfaction
- Demonstrated Servant Leadership to include team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Commitment to safety, quality, client relationships, budget, and schedule.
- Proficient with coordinating and conducting detailed phases of engineering projects to achieve milestones.
- Experience developing and implementing standards and procedures, consistent with the continuous improvement of quality and productivity.
- Experience interfacing with clients and supporting marketing and proposal generation efforts.
- Experience in all phases of process design from conceptual design development through commissioning and validation.
- Familiarity with piping design requirements and the ability to lead a designer through project execution.
- Equipment selection including process requirements, data sheets, bid tab analysis, and layout review.
- Technical skills to include experience in P&ID development, PSV calculations, hydraulic calculations (AFT or equivalent), specification generation, mass and energy balances to include ASPEN process simulation. Proficient in AutoCAD.