Process/Mechanical Engineer - Savannah, GA
Location:   Savannah GA (would also consider Greenville SC or Mobile AL)
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years with offices throughout the southeast. Jedson provides full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
The Process/Mechanical Engineer will lead or execute the discipline scope as applicable in the completion of client projects. Projects are in the chemical, pulp and paper, food and beverage, and consumer product industries for a wide range of clients. Projects range in size from the upgrade of a single unit operation to a complete new multi-faceted multi-phase process implementation.
- Lead or execute process designs in the form of engineering calculations documented on PFD’s, P&ID’s, general arrangement drawings, specifications, design basis, and associated lists.
- Actively participate in our internal quality assurance process by reviewing and checking process/mechanical group and interdisciplinary work products.
- Support the proposal process by providing scope descriptions, project estimates and deliverables list.
- Support the development and growth of key client relationships.
- During project execution, research and analyze data to make sound design decisions aligned with company, client, and project objectives and applicable codes.
- Drawing from experience, apply theory in a practical context to determine feasibility of design, identify potential process upsets and malfunctions incorporating appropriate remediations, and apply commercially available technology for process execution.
- Observe professional ethics, both in the application of codes and standards and personnel interactions.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 7-15 years of experience in chemicals, petrochemical, pulp and paper, consumer products, or the food and beverage industries.
- Demonstrated Servant Leadership to include team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Commitment to safety, quality, client relationships, budget, and schedule.
- Proficient with coordinating and conducting detailed phases of engineering projects to achieve milestones.
- Experience developing and implementing standards and procedures, consistent with the continuous improvement of quality and productivity.
- Experience interfacing with clients and supporting marketing and proposal generation efforts.
- Experience in all phases of process design from conceptual design development through commissioning and validation.
- Familiarity with piping design requirements and the ability to lead a designer through project execution.
- Equipment selection including process requirements, data sheets, bid tab analysis, and layout review.
- Technical skills to include experience in P&ID development, PSV calculations, hydraulic calculations (AFT or equivalent), specification generation, mass and energy balances to include ASPEN process simulation. Proficient in AutoCAD.
Preferred Experience Includes:
- PE registration.
- Plant operations, controls, and/or reliability experience.
- Process safety experience, including hazard classification, process hazard analysis (PHA), and electrical area classification.
- Pipe Stress Analysis (Caesar II) output review and interpretation