Project Controls Specialist
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
Jedson Engineering is headquartered in Cincinnati with offices throughout the Southeast and expanding into the West. We provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. We are in a significant growth mode and it’s an exciting time to be joining our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Manager of Project Controls, the Project Controls Specialist develops, implements, and maintains cost controls on engineering projects. This person will help to plan, organize, lead, and control projects efficiently and effectively ensuring projects run according to schedule and are meeting financial objectives.
- Assist Project Managers and the project team in effectively and proactively managing projects to ensure project success.
- Develops the Work Breakdown Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract.
- Develop, maintain, and execute project performance baselines.
- Perform cost forecasting, analysis, and control activities.
- Prepare & disseminate aggregated weekly & monthly reports on cost performance, trends, forecasts and cost savings.
- Update and maintain project schedules.
- Assists in development of recommended recovery measures for projects behind schedule and/or over budget.
- Analyzes variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan, and communicates the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans
- Reviews schedules developed by others and advise project managers as to whether those schedules are logical, complete, and satisfy contract requirements.
- Provide support for data analysis, data validation & data mining efforts required to refine benchmarks.
- Coordinates the review of Project Risk with management and provides status reporting.
- Support the Project Manager and project team in organizational and administrative activities.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of related project controls or cost control analyst experience in the engineering and/or construction fields.
- Strong cost control skills with ability to analyze data and project cost to complete based on actual data & projects progress.
- Ability to read and understand contracts, purchase orders, etc.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high-energy team player with demonstrated professional & interpersonal skills interfacing with all levels of the organization, clients & vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and quickly pivot in response to evolving priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and abilities. In addition, the successful candidate must be a team player who is willing to help others on the team. He/she will have strong organizational skills, be a self-starter, and have the ability to work proactively and independently, handling routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly, Microsoft Excel).
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills to include Microsoft Projects and Primavera.