Senior Mechanical Engineer - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Greenville SC
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
At Jedson Engineering, we’re focused on being a critical resource to the engineering needs of our clients in the consumer products, food & beverage, pulp & paper, and chemical industries. Our headquarters is in Cincinnati, OH with offices across the southeast and we’re expanding west. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The ideal candidate will have 10 – 15+ years of experience managing industrial projects involving industrial Mechanical Engineering systems. Project experience in the Pulp & Paper or Chemical industries is preferred. The successful candidate will support the project team by designing and specifying mechanical systems. Depending on the individual needs of the project, design ranges from preliminary sizing and pricing to detailed design and construction documents. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the team to define and execute each unique project to exceed customer expectations. This person will also have proven ability to work directly with customers and lead internal teams.
- Leads the design Mechanical Engineering projects. Design can range from a conceptual level to detailed construction documents.
- Conduct field surveys of existing facilities for the purpose of gathering design data, documents, measurements or observation of facility operations.
- Prepare contract documentation, including drawings and specifications, which conform to industry standards, guidelines and regulatory agencies.
- Review equipment and material shop drawings for compliance with contract documents
- Assist with, and support business development activities that support Jedson’s overall strategic goals.
- Lead internal teams and mentor less experienced engineers and designers.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- 15 - 20+ years’ experience designing Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems. Must have engineering consulting experience.
- Understands project scheduling and sequencing of engineering activities.
- Candidate shall have an understanding of project scheduling and sequencing of engineering activities.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD or Revit, preferably both.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software such as Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, ASPE and International Building Codes is required.
- Some travelling is required.
- Makes major mechanical design recommendations and decisions in collaboration with each project team. Plans design work by discipline for all project sizes.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on large complex projects or multiple smaller projects.
- Actively participates in quality control of projects.
- Plays a significant role in project reviews for quality control on complex projects.