Senior Project Manager - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Salt Lake City, UT
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This position requires someone with significant project management experience who possesses the knowledge and skills to develop project plans, scope of services, schedules, budgets and execution plans. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and business skills, be well spoken and personable, and be a strong advocate for and leader of the Jedson engineering team.
- Manage all aspects of business projects from inception through execution.
- Develop and document the scope of work.
- Understand project success criteria and ensure client expectations are met.
- Develop and track project costs.
- Identify and communicate changes to SOW.
- Identify and effectively respond to client’s issues and needs.
- Ensure value is provided to the client and develop & earn their trust.
- Ensure the client’s policies and procedures are communicated and followed by the Jedson and project team (i.e. safety policy, technical standards, site SOPs).
- Identify project staffing requirements.
- Knowledge of front-end engineering and detailed engineering process.
- Review and manage all project deliverables.
- Secure resources needed for team to execute work effectively (i.e. drawings, reports, site visits, etc.).
- Ensure PO’s are received from the client before work begins and ensure services are rendered within the approved budget; also ensure invoices are paid timely.
- Document and communicate changes to scope.
- Identify areas needed to build capability to meet current and future needs.
- Anticipate future work associated or derived from ongoing projects.
- Assist in the resolution of internal Jedson issues regarding projects and staffing, identification and development of internal capability and identify PM needs such as software, training, etc.
- Coordinate with internal and external Account Managers.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering.
- 10 – 20+ years of related experience in project engineering.
- Related industry experience in one or more of the following industries: food & beverage, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product or pharmaceutical.
- Demonstrated experience in driving projects within budget from initiation through a successful and timely conclusion.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships.
- Working in the role of a Player /Coach.
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operations.
- Coordinate and supervise project implementation, control project costs, monitor progress and quality of the projects.
- Proven Customer Account Manager.
Scott Slocum, Executive Recruiter