Structural Engineer - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Tabler Station, WV
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This person will design structures that must endure stresses and pressures inflicted through human use and environmental conditions. The incumbent will design/configure structures, oversee drawing production, choose appropriate foundation, building and equipment support material, inspect the construction work and ensure the structural soundness of foundations, buildings and structures.
- Prepare reports, design criteria, estimates, designs and drawings.
- Oversee drawing production by others.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval.
- Liaise with clients and professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness.
- Administer small sub-contracts and manage structural projects.
- Inspect geotechnical properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations.
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with 3 -15+ years of work experience as a Structural Engineer.
- Experience in industrial structural engineering.
- Preferred experience with an engineering services provider.
- Experience in STAAD, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience with steel, concrete and masonry.
- Experience in heavy to light industrial projects.
- Experience with rotating and vibration analysis.
- Will need to be a good communicator and able to manage multiple projects and clients at a time.
- Experience leading teams.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The successful candidate will display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures. They will have proven budget and schedule management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials and code regulations.
Scott Slocum, Executive Recruiter