Structural Engineer - Cincinnati, OH
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are you excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic engineering firm that encourages a variety of experiences and the opportunity for direct client interface with a strong focus on your career development?
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 35 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
This key position is located in Jedson’s headquarters in Cincinnati. This person will design structures that must endure the stresses inflicted through human use and environmental conditions. The incumbent will design/configure structures, oversee drawing production, and choose appropriate foundation, building and equipment support material. When required, travel as required to inspect the construction work to confirm concurrence with design to ensure structural soundness of foundations, buildings and structures.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare reports, design criteria, estimates, designs and drawings
- Generate and/or oversee drawing production
- Make calculations based on loads and stresses
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval
- Liaise with clients and professional staff such as architects and engineers
- When required, monitor and inspect work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness
- Lead stand-alone structural projects
- Lead structural component / scope block of multi-discipline projects
- Interpret geotechnical reports to design and/or evaluate existing foundations
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer with 10 - 15+ years of work experience as a Structural Engineer
- Experience in industrial structural engineering.
- Preferred experience with an engineering services provider
- Experience in STAAD, AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience with steel, concrete and masonry
- Experience in heavy to light industrial projects
- Experience with rotating and vibration analysis
- Will need to be a good communicator and able to manage multiple projects and clients at a time
- Experience leading teams
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The successful candidate will display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures. They will have proven budget and schedule adherence with great knowledge of construction processes, materials and code regulations.