Last Mile Food Rescue - Director of Operations
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you ready to leverage your talent to create positive change in our community?
- Does a digital start-up environment sound attractive to you?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, deadline driven culture?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Last Mile Food Rescue (Last Mile) is a Greater Cincinnati food rescue organization on a mission to save desirable food and get it to those who need it most. By using the power of volunteers fueled by technology, Last Mile connects food donors with nonprofits agencies who serve the region’s food insecure with volunteer drivers, fighting food waste and helping to end hunger. Since opening their doors in November 2020, Last Mile has seen incredible growth and will rescue over 2.3 million pounds of food in 2022. Last Mile has created an app that helps to mobilize volunteers to their food transport network within Greater Cincinnati. Volunteers love the simplicity of the app and accessibility of volunteering close to home, on their own schedule. Food donors and nonprofit agencies see Last Mile as a critical partner in the effort to eliminate food waste and hunger in our region.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Director of Operations will report to the COO and manage day-to-day operations to connect food donors with partner agencies. This position has three direct reports: 1) Food Donor Solicitation Manager, 2) Agency Partner and Implementation Manager, 3) Marketing and Volunteer Manager. The Director of Operations will:
Lead growth strategy to rescue and supply 5+ million pounds of food annually to the community by 2024, 7.5+ million by 2028.
- Manage the Partnerships team that solicit donations from food retailers/grocers, food manufacturers, restaurants, hotel and event centers and caterers and establish partnerships with recipient agencies to match partner needs with the type and volume of food that is rescued.
- Personally lead select, critical or high-profile relationships with donors and agency partners.
- Coach Marketing Manager on marketing work plan and enable the marketing committee to recruit the volunteer base and increase the overall visibility of Last Mile in the community.
- Manage special projects that support the growth and impact of Last Mile.
- Partner with Senior Manager of Dispatch Operations & Analytics to troubleshoot and ensure the timely delivery of food through the volunteer network.
Develop an Optimal Team to deliver the mission of Last Mile Food Rescue.
- Ensure that the Last Mile team has the necessary technology and training to provide low touch, high impact results.
- Manage Last Mile Human Resource items such as vacation tracking, relationship with benefits administration broker, recruitment, office set up.
- Apply appropriate risk management and mitigation to ensure continuity of Last Mile.
- Manage engagement of any contracted resources.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Passion to make a difference in the areas of hunger relief, food rescue, and food waste reduction
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple customers/clients and ensuring 100% satisfaction
- Experience recruiting, managing, and developing a high-functioning team
- Track record of working under the stress of challenging deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Logistics/distribution center experience a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bias for action/Self-Starter
- Embraces change
- Focused on results
- Team oriented
- Hands-on leader
Join a rapidly growing organization in a key management role and help eliminate hunger in our community.
- Hybrid work environment
- Flexible work arrangement
- Generous Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision Care, SIMPLE IRA, Holidays, Vacation & Personal Time off
- Target base salary of $60,000 - $65,000
Gilman Partners and Last Mile Food Rescue are committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.