Market Director - Professional Services Software/Consulting Division
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you want to be part of a growing firm of visionaries who design solutions that enhance experience and empower people?
- Do you enjoy delivering innovative technology solutions that elevate your clients’ business while building market share?
- Are you entrepreneurial and looking for an opportunity to further build a value-added service offering while developing a strong team?
Our client thinks about architecture differently – they look beyond the physical building and look for solutions that will solve the client’s problem instead of just building something. They care deeply about their culture and make decisions for the ‘greater good’ of the firm, not just one practice area. They are a professional services firm focused on innovating the essential building blocks of our communities - housing, healthcare, education, and cultural venues. With offices in Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Minneapolis, and Beijing, China they are a global firm that has a passion for people and the environment. While they’ve been in business for over 50 years, they have an entrepreneurial spirit thatdrives their culture and practices.
In addition to their core architecture offerings, our client is a value-added reseller of workplace management systems to their clients that include Cincinnati Museum Center, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and IU Health, to name a few. This is a forward-thinking, future-focused business with 20 years of history poised for growth. They are seeking a leader of this division to evaluate the current offerings, identify growth areas and transform the business to succeed at the next level.
The Market Director will be:
- Visionary and entrepreneurial able to lead the division while envisioning future possibilities
- Driven to create a new vision for the division and bring it to fruition
- Experienced in leading and growing a product offering
- Curious, a life-long learner able to find opportunities in challenges
- A cross-disciplinary thinker, able to work seamlessly across functions
- The bridge between technology, teams and clients
- A problem-solver, understanding how technology can creatively address client issues in new ways
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Craft the vision for the future state of growth and make it happen.
- Develop a 3-year strategic plan and monitor progress against goals.
- Lead strategic research and development initiatives that differentiate our client in the market.
- Partner with the service provider to understand all of their tools and offerings and how they may be positioned in the market.
- Participate in multi-functional programming exercises with clients providing technological solutions to solve client needs.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – build portfolio of long-term client relationships with goal of building increased market share
- Develop and lead strategic planning processes that aligns the firm’s strengths in building information and facility management systems with market demand.
- Lead the business development efforts to market new business, win projects, and increase market share.
- Build relationships with other market directors internally.
- Build and improve external firm image by active participation in appropriate organizations; establishing and maintaining significant contacts with current and potential clients.
OPERATIONS – deliver responsible and accountable division performance
- Shape a creative, innovative and collaborative work environment.
- Lead the implementation team—hire and onboard additional talent, develop missing skills within the team, offer opportunities for development
- Manage staff performance to ensure employee goals are linked to division and firm-wide goals.
- Continue to build best practice project management and implementation processes, procedures, and tools.
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of current technology platforms and identify new technologies that can better serve client needs.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Computer Science or related fields;
- 10 years of related experience with minimum 5 years of product and business development leadership experience
- Experience with consultative software sales and implementations
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills; and ability to articulate the value of technology to the business
- Desire to grow a team of professionals through education and mentoring
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team
- Flexibility to focus on a variety of responsibilities or multiple projects in various stages of development
- Comfortable presenting to small or large groups, internally and externally