McKee - Chief Financial Officer
Location:   Columbus OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you looking to join a growing company in an exciting industry?
- Are you a seasoned financial executive with strong strategic acumen?
- Do you ALSO enjoy rolling up your sleeves to get things done?
- Are you a problem solver who works with a sense of urgency and builds relationships with peers and direct reports?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Headquartered in Columbus OH, McKee has been a market leader in the sales, installation, and service of loading dock and door safety systems for over 40 years. Their products and services are important assets for the strong growth of the company. Their success is driven by understanding their clients’ needs while providing superior execution through teamwork and operational consistency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The CFO is a vital contributor to the strategic process, a hands-on role model for high performance, and an advocate for vision who executes strategy to achieve that vision. The CFO will guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. The successful candidate will:
- Execute and oversee the Company’s monthly and year end accounting and financial reporting; establish, monitor, and enforce internal controls.
- Possess a strong drive to succeed and show ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO and Executive Team to drive both top and bottom-line growth while continuing to increase the company’s revenue.
- Assist Leadership Team in establishing company systems, policies and procedures, and monitor adherence of them by all employees.
- Explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers).
- Recommend actions that will augment future financial results.
- Understand and Analyze business results for presentation to President and support Leadership Team requests for financial information.
- Oversee a team of 2-3 associates and manage IT, banking, insurance, legal and accounting firm relationships.
- Effectively lead staff by providing clear expectations, opportunities for skill and job growth development, and timely constructive feedback.
- Supervise and maintain Accounting Information systems including monthly reporting.
- Manage accounts receivable/payable and company credit policies, including evaluation of customer credit worthiness, customer prequalification’s, contract reviews, new vendor credit approvals, review & collection of accounts and timely billings to customers per company goals.
- Provide return on investment analysis on significant capital requirements. Safeguard all assets of the company through effective policies and procedures.
- Provide support and offer guidance to HR to administer overall compensation programs, including payroll, benefits, and commissions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related experience.
- 10+ years of business and accounting experience. Construction experience and CPA is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Skilled at building productive business relationships.
- A strong work ethic and desire to succeed is essential.
- Highly effective balance of analytical accounting and financial modeling skills
- Must be a self-starter with the confidence to make decisions and the ability to be creative.
- A clear understanding of the company values, vision, and goals will guide your decisions.
- Must manage own time effectively; Adaptability, accuracy, and timeliness of work is very important.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Self-motivated, self-starting, dynamic entrepreneurial spirit
- Mentoring and coaching, and self-evaluating and coachable
- Accepting of, and equally effective in, a support or a leadership role
- Patient and positive in client and colleague relationships
- Leads by example, earns trust, and builds consensus
- Strong leadership ability, team management and interpersonal skills