Senior Vice President/Senior Producer
Location:   Louisville, KY
Salary:   based on experience
For nearly 60 years, NorthMarq has provided debt, equity, and loan servicing to commercial real estate owners and investors through our offices across the U.S. NorthMarq’s servicing portfolio is currently over $60 billion and they are the #1 loan servicer for life insurance company loans in the US (number of loans serviced). Their investment sales platform offers acquisition and disposition services for multifamily assets in select markets.
They offer clients the ideal combination of a strong national company capable of attracting a wide range of capital sources and local expertise with a personal touch. NorthMarq is well-regarded within the commercial real estate industry and is known for its people and culture; NorthMarq is a large company with a small company feel.
NorthMarq is seeking a Senior Vice President / Senior Producer to join the team in the Cincinnati and Louisville offices. Multi-family and Agency production experience are preferred but not required. NorthMarq’s Cincinnati and Louisville offices currently have three Senior Producers with over 75 years’ combined experience in the industry. The new SVP will have the opportunity to work with the existing Producers as well as take on some existing client relationships. Both the company and individual Producers will provide training opportunities to the new SVP to ensure a smooth transition to the position and long-term production success.
The Cincinnati and Louisville offices champion the essence of a team with a collective and supportive approach to the business and office culture. Each team member is dedicated and motivated to create a collaborative, high-performing workplace. While they are a smaller NorthMarq office in terms of number of employees, they consistently rank high as one of NorthMarq’s most profitable offices.
This position provides a Salary + Commission compensation structure with unlimited upside and top Producers within the industry (both locally and nationally) earn annual income in excess of $500,000.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce $50-150 million of loan volume annually from all types of property types and lenders including Life Insurance Companies, Fannie/Freddie/HUD, CMBS, Banks, and Bridge Lenders.
- Provides direction on closing, servicing, and related requirements.
- Originate, underwrite, package, and appraise real estate and prepare investment proposals, with particular emphasis on multi-family business.
- Knowledge of investment standards, criteria, and program requirements, including money availability of institutional investors.
- Understands the closing and servicing function of the correspondent system.
Key relationships include: Real estate owners/borrowers, investors, lenders, brokers, bankers, contractors, and other real estate groups. Also, Attorneys, environmental specialists, surveyors, and title companies.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with major in real estate finance or business
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate; preferred but not required
- Proven problem solving successfully originating in real estate investment transactions that match the needs of both the real estate owner and the investor in commercial real estate
- Must be able to fully analyze all aspects of an investment from both the property owner’s and investor’s viewpoints
- Expert at the art of negotiation and personally knows the major local real estate owners and investors
- Proven experience originating multi-family loans and working knowledge of Agency business (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) a plus
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Memberships with local and national industry organizations