Location:   Greater Cincinnati/NKY
Salary:   based on experience
Odyssey Financial Advisors is an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial, LLC. Located in Edgewood in Northern Kentucky, the Odyssey Financial team encourages families and businesses to clearly define their financial goals, instill confidence through financial advice and education, and builds lifelong relationships while enjoying adventures along the way. Their vision is to guide generations of families to impact the community and create a legacy of brilliance and purpose.
The Investment Specialist will assist financial advisors and associate financial advisors in achieving team financial goals. The incumbent will assist in managing and organizing investment workflow and meeting preparation with an emphasis on creating value and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates our practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
The role provides support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, preparing preliminary case work/meeting prep, working with our investment manager to develop asset allocation models, analyzing investments, identifying opportunities, preparing investment reports or visual aids to be used in client meetings, responding to ad hoc requests and coordinating/tracking projects, as needed. There is opportunity to grow in responsibilities as the practice grows and job skills increase.
70% Administrative / Practice Management
30% Client Care
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 - 5+ years of applicable financial services experience with a 4-year college degree in business, finance, or financial planning.
- Strong math skills and experience with data analytics.
- An Industry Securities license (Series 7) is required; Series 63 and/or 66 preferred in addition.
- Ability and interest in pursuing APMA certification.
KEY TRAITS OF A SUCCESSFUL INVESTMENT SPECIALIST:
- Professional and highly accountable
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Self-led and resourceful; Takes initiative and is intuitive
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Computer Literate with Word, Excel, and Outlook (Salesforce, helpful)
- Polite and clear phone manner; respectful of our Team’s Culture
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor and Ameriprise Financial, LLC
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the practice
- Maintains professionalism and a positive attitude
- Sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow