Odyssey Financial Advisors: Financial Advisor
Location:   Edgewood, KY
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you interested in joining a small, established firm that is poised for growth?
- Do you have a passion for wealth management and financial planning to help clients achieve their goals?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Odyssey Financial Advisors is a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial, LLC. Located in Edgewood in Northern Kentucky, the Odyssey Financial team encourages families and businesses to clearly define their financial goals, instill confidence through financial advice and education, and builds lifelong relationships while enjoying adventures along the way. Their vision is to guide generations of families to impact the community and create a legacy of brilliance and purpose.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Financial Advisor will be part of a team of advisors focused on team goals. This person will have a combination of personal and communications skills with the resources provided for helping clients realize their financial goals. The Financial Advisor will be responsible for attracting, initiating, and deepening relationships with existing clients and their families by focusing on the clients’ family tree and their natural market, selling products and services, and gathering outside assets for current clients and prospects. They will assist in creating value and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates their practice through the financial planning process. The Financial Advisor will provide advice and client relationship support by:
- interacting directly with clients
- acting as a liaison to answer client questions
- gathering/analyzing client data
- qualifying, identifying, and presenting financial planning and insurance opportunities and solutions
- preparing preliminary case work
- incorporating tax strategies
- preparing reports or visual aids to be used in client meetings
- responding to ad hoc requests and tracking projects as needed.
An existing book of business is not required; however, a skillset in leading an effective comprehensive planning discussion is a prerequisite. Our team of advisors serve all our clients.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Finance, or Financial Management
- 8+ years of experience in financial planning
- Industry licenses (Series 7, 63/65 or 66, life/health/variable insurance) required
- CFP and/or CRPC (or relevant designation) preferred
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to meet with clients and prospects to present planning strategies
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Self-led and resourceful
- Ability to recommend suitable investment products and services
- Entrepreneurial perspective and desire to grow the business
- Must be a critical thinker
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
There is an opportunity to grow in responsibilities as skillsets are mastered and/or as the practice grows.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
Sarah Benner, Search Operations Manager