Location:   Hebron, Kentucky
Salary:   based on experience
- To support the profitable growth of a global manufacturer by undertaking all aspects of financial management and operational control.
- Be a senior member of a small North American enterprise by taking a hands-on role within the overall team to ensure the growth of the company.
- Utilize your financial and accounting expertise to help move the company forward while developing your operational skill set to include developing internal policies and procedures.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a family-owned global company established nearly 70 years ago in Europe and has been doing business in United States for over 20 years. They are a leader in their industry both domestically and globally and are growing their market share in the US. They are ISO 9001 accredited in a state-of-the-art production facility in Northern Kentucky. Our client puts an emphasis on internal development, design and production while manufacturing close to 90% of their own components. They believe that their most important asset is their people and support the ongoing development of their employees.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Controller will take a hands-on approach to finance, accounting and operations functions and will support the associated administrative tasks as necessary. The Controller will also be charged with the oversight and monitoring of all related activities impacting financial and operational resource planning.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
• Support of all corporate and management objectives and implementations.
• Contribute to the definition of the organization’s financial, accounting and administrative management goals by continually scanning the organization for potential advancements to all relevant processes. Drive improvements to organizational efficiencies, risk mitigation and management, data management, analysis and reporting.
• In coordination with the Operations Supervisor, support existing operational processes and seek to identify and implement opportunities to enhance efficiencies related to MRP, inventory management, production planning and data management.
• Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls related to accounting and operational practices.
• Support and supervise all accounting functions including sales transactions (billing), A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition. Support of select payroll and benefits functions as required.
• Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements/operational reports and measure against prior results and/or targets, forecasts or budgets.
• Research and adopt technical accounting issues for compliance to appropriate standards (i.e. GAAP), local, state and federal requirements. Work with external CPA and/or financial consultants as required.
• Support month-end and year-end close processes and reviews/audits.
• Additional project support and duties as necessary.
• Evidence that corporate mandates are being followed.
• Demonstrated participation and contribution to financial and accounting management implementations and improvements. Examples include software analyses to solve problems and expanded or improved data analysis and reporting.
• Indication of improved operational efficiencies through routine reporting against defined metrics.
• Evidence of routine editing of, and addition to, quality policies and procedures.
• Evidence that accounting transactions are being efficiently processed and monitored.
• Evidence of timely and accurate reporting.
• Evidence all GAAP, local, state and federal standards are reflected internal reporting and tax filings.
• Reporting of accurate and complete closing financial and accounting records in accordance with defined schedules.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Proven success in a manufacturing or distribution environment with responsibilities for full accounting and financial functions.
- Some operational responsibilities in a manufacturing environment to include but not limited to inventory control, scheduling, planning and capacity planning.
- Development of core leadership skills to be able to help the growth of the organization.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred