Packaging Systems Engineer/Designer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Packaging Systems Engineer/Designer will be passionate about designing Packaging Systems. This person will be conducting the hands-on design of the systems that package various products (vs. designing packaging for products). You will be joining one of the fastest growing parts of Jedson’s business and working with several of the top companies in the industry. This role also offers future leadership opportunities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Background in packaging design and delivering projects in the industrial space (preferably in the Consumer Products or Food & Beverage arena)
- Lean, flexible, capable of working with different customers and delivering projects in different ways.
- Capable of working directly with our customers, listening to what they need and converting those needs into a concept
- Eager to grow and lead teams
- Curious … and a life-long learner
- Enjoys working on different projects at the same time
- Preferably experience in consulting engineering or construction working for industrial customers in the consumer product industry but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude
- AutoCAD (3D CAD experience a plus, Inventor, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, NX).
- Ensure value is provided to the client and develop & earn their trust
- Ensure engagement with clients in an ethical and professional manner and always being an ambassador for Jedson while adhering to all standards of quality
- Understand and support other projects, company policies and programs
- Anticipate future work associated or derived from ongoing projects
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university (not necessarily in engineering)
- 10 – 15 years of related experience in designing packaging systems
- Demonstrated experience in driving projects within budget from initiation through a successful and timely conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operations
- Analyze existing methods and recommend modifications necessary to improve and streamline the process