Piping Designer - Mobile, AL
Location:   Mobile, AL
Salary:   based on experience
Are you excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic engineering firm that encourages a variety of experiences and the opportunity for direct client interface with a strong focus on your career development?
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
The Piping Designer is responsible for the complete piping design of new and/or existing piping and mechanical equipment systems.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers field information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Develops the design and drafting of complex 3D piping models given basic information such as P&ID's, piping specifications, equipment arrangement drawings, etc.
- Prepares detailed construction packages from 3D pipe models including isometrics, plans, sections, and material take-offs.
- Able to accurately forecast the hours required to complete work activities.
- Provides technical direction to less experienced piping designers.
- Reports administratively to the department lead and functionally as determined by the assigned projects.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Proficient use of AutoCAD Plant 3D, CADWorx, NovisWorks, or similar 3D CAD platform; Preferred experience in OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 & TWIC card
- Must have the ability to generate isometrics, general arrangements, and piping construction packages
- Must be experienced in industrial environments and comfortable collecting design information in the field.
- Understanding of industrial safety requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with the client to establish project scope, schedule, performance and cost objectives for engineering projects
- Experience in establishing and controlling project budget
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate internally with the engineering design group including process, mechanical, piping, electrical, controls, structural, and civil engineers as well as outside consultants