Project Manager - Greensboro, NC
Location:   Greensboro, NC
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION TITLE: Project Manager/Program Manager – Jedson Engineering
LOCATION: Greensboro, NC
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
The Site Based Project / Program Manager will work closely with client project managers to develop, support, and execute projects in the client’s facility. The successful candidate will build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and process skills, be well spoken and personable, and be a strong advocate for and leader of the Jedson engineering team. The client is in the consumer products industry and you will be generating new business as part of this role. Projects range in size from existing process optimizations to support of large capital projects.
- Support the expansion of our overall site presence by providing a conduit for client / home office communication, facilitating proposal receipt, generation, and award.
- Support the development and growth of key client relationships, identifying and anticipating service needs.
- Understand project success criteria and ensure both client and Jedson needs and expectations are met.
- Provide support to the client to include technical, execution, and project management.
- Provide leadership for site based Jedson projects and home office resource coordination for site-based activities.
- Execute projects to include scope of work documentation, data collection, and completion, coordination, and presentation of deliverables. Manage and report on progress, earned value, payment status, and client satisfaction.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-15 years of experience in an industrial environment.
- 5 years of experience in consumer products manufacturing, specifically liquid blending process engineering and high-speed packaging.
- 5 years of experience leading project teams, either as a discipline or group leader or project manager.
- Demonstrated success generating new business with related products and industries
- Demonstrated Servant Leadership to include team building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Proficient with forecasting, planning, scheduling, coordinating, conflict resolution, and conducting all phases of engineering projects to achieve milestones.
- Experience interfacing with clients and supporting marketing and proposal generation efforts. Outgoing and customer/client sales-focused approach
- Technical skills to include experience in process improvement, Lean Manufacturing, P&ID development, specification generation, and project scheduling.
Preferred Experience Includes:
- 5 years of experience in consulting engineering leadership.
- 5 years of experience in industrial project installation or construction.
- PE registration.
- Technical skills to include equipment sizing and hydraulic calculations.
- Software skills to include AutoCAD, and AutoCAD Smart P&ID are beneficial.