Project Manager (Large Projects) - Jedson Engineering
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
This position requires someone who possesses the knowledge and skills to develop large project plans, scope of services, schedules, budgets and execution plans. This person will be needed for a long-term project led by someone with both food & beverage experience and experience managing industrial projects over $150 million in scope. The successful candidate will build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and process skills, be well spoken and personable, and be a strong advocate for and leader of the Jedson engineering team.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all aspects of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Construction Management projects from inception to customer acceptance
- Understand client and Jedson project success criteria and ensure both are achieved
- Manage client relationship, identifying and anticipating needs while earning trust and building relationships for future project pipeline
- Develop and implement project execution plan to accomplish scope, cost, schedule, measurement, and change management
- Identify and build an execution team of both internal and vendor resources, providing leadership and mentoring aligned with project success criteria and policy compliance
- Coordinate with Jedson leadership for required resources, providing performance feedback and identifying capability gaps
- Provide internal and external project reporting
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in engineering from four-year college or university
- 15+ years of related experience in project engineering, construction, and management
- Candidate must have food & beverage industry experience AND experience managing industrial projects over $75 million in scope.
- Demonstrated experience in both front-end engineering and detailed engineering processes
- Demonstrated experience in driving projects within budget from initiation through a successful and timely conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships
- Willing to step in and work alongside the project execution team