Product Development Engineer
Location:   Germantown OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a 75-year-old family-owned manufacturing company based in SW Ohio (Dayton/Cincinnati area). They have experienced impressive growth over the past couple years both organically and through acquisition. They are a world leader in the design, manufacture and installation of high-quality capital equipment and systems. Our client is proud of their strong family culture and tenure of employment. They are considered an employer of choice because of their support of employees through their entire life including career, health, and well-being.
They are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to added to their engineering team supporting manufacturing. This person will report to the Engineering Manager.
The Product Development Engineer will work closely with sales and manufacturing to design and development new products and also will work on substantially redesigning existing products in accordance with industry regulations, cost and quality guidelines.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, manage and prioritize a cross functional design team in conjunction with the stage gate process.
- Involved in every stage of new product development, from ideation to product launch
- Redesigns and improves existing products
- Prototypes and tests design concepts
- Conducts continuous search of new materials, processes, and procedures to enhance DSC capabilities and efficiencies
- Establishes budgets and schedules for the development of product improvements
- Ensures that development is progressing according to schedule and within budgetary guidelines
- Communicates and works well in a cross-departmental atmosphere to accomplish seamless transitions between product development stages
- Works closely with management staff to establish targets for improvements
- Completes special studies on as required basis including failure analysis of existing products
- Interfaces with both sales and customers to fulfill needs and solve issues as needed
- Optimizes both internal and external customer needs and requirements when making decisions and taking actions
- Overnight travel will be required as needed
- Support sales and customer service through Engineering design and planning
- Part number creation and support in ERP software
- Equipment design and detailing of drawings
- Maintain and create new ERP Engineering processes and best practices
- Support design and documentation of ASME BPVC equipment
- Complete competitive and failure analysis
- Provide engineering design support for all company’s equipment
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Master’s a plus)
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with heavy equipment design in manufacturing.
- Experience with ASME BPVC Section 8, Div.1 design requirements a plus.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software, Inventor preferred.
- Must have high level proficiency in the use of Ansys simulation software.
- CFD heat transfer experience a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERP software and related engineering functions with Epicor preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & Outlook).
- Proven pro-active/results based on initiatives and outcomes.
- Recognized design creativity pertaining to both new products and existing product improvement.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes consistent with heavy fabrications.
- Acquainted with large drive components and assemblies.
- Background in Value Analysis, and continuous product improvement a plus.
This is an outstanding organization with a great culture, community involvement and high retention. Our client’s location is within a commutable distance from Northern Cincinnati and the Greater Dayton area.