Project Engineer - Mobile, AL
Location:   Mobile, AL
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years. They provide full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
This position, located in Mobile AL, requires someone who will assist Project Managers to develop engineering specifications and capital estimates and with responsibility for hands-on project installations, equipment start-up and commissioning.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement process, safety and cost savings improvements for client equipment, facilities and manufacturing processes.
- Assist in the execution of all responsibilities of the project manager on projects assigned from bid to close of project
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and process skills, be well spoken and personable, and a strong advocate for and leader of the Jedson engineering team.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- College Degree in Engineering from an accredited university (Chemical Engineer preferred)
- 5 – 10+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing
- Experienced in engineering drawings (e.g. P&IDs, PFDs, General Arrangements, Structural Plans, etc.)
- Must be able to build schedules in Microsoft Project
- Experienced in capital projects including a phase gate approach to executing project.
- Experience in building project estimates and scopes of work.
- Experience in managing contractors during construction including JSA’s, work permits, and change management.
- Must be comfortable working in an industrial environment.
- Must be proactive in accomplishing given tasks to drive projects forward.
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operations
- Analyze existing methods and recommend modifications necessary to improve and streamline the process